Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nickjohnmarshal
New Contributor
New Contributor

First bill for mobile plans plus internet

I have had so much trouble trying to get a reasonable response from the webchat and call centre staff so figured I would try on here to get a reasonable response. The stock 'you have paid in advance' nonsense does not seem to apply as I have two invoices covering the same period so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

In summary, we recently took out two mobile plans with optus on 21 November and shortly after (28 November) received our first invoice 'in advance' covering the base plan for period 21 November to 20 December. This was paid in December.

We subsequently signed up to Optus internet and received a second invoice on 22 December also covering the period 21 November to 20 December covering the base plan for the period plus the internet package. This does not include credit for the payment already made so in effect results in double charging for the first month. I have spoken to various Optus team members about this and all they can say is that 'the first bill is in advance', failing to recognise that we have two invoices covering the same period and seem to be being double charged.

Assuming we are to pay the first invoice in advance I was expecting my second bill to cover the next month plus adjustments for usage, not simply a rebilling of the first month.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: First bill for mobile plans plus internet

I wouldn't fret it (good to be vigilent though). First bills at Optus are often unecessarily messy.

If I understand you you've got a mobile for $40 and internet for $80 (amounts made up) and now two bills ($40 and $120 totalling $160 for the first month?). This actually sounds correct FWIW however wait for your second bill. Optus just credits your account any money paid and if there's some left over for any reason then it will come off the next bill.

But paying $80 (first and last month) for your first bill for the mobile sounds right - that way they don't have to disconnect you the instant you roll into a new month without having paid your bill.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Nickjohnmarshal
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: First bill for mobile plans plus internet

Okay thanks for the insight.

I will wait for the second bill and see how it works out.

0 Kudos