Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor MadasaHatter
New Contributor

Firmware update Sgemcom f@st 3864v3

Long story short, my modem was replaced lae last week with a Sagemcom f@st 3864v3 - and now my Thermomix all of a sudden can't connect to the German website that's required to get the Cookkey to operate .  I've spent about 24 hrs and a huge amt of negative energy on trying to resolve this.  Thermomix tells me that the Sagemcom f@st 3864v3 requires a firmware update to allow the german website to be contacted (or at least that's resolved other clients with the same issue.  Optus Tech helpdesk was unable to assist - I even bullied my way up to a supervisor (as far as they would let me go with phone support) who spoke to Sagemcom who apparantly cant help me (told me to check youtube for instructions !!!)

Sending a tech out to mine tomorrow but hoping someone can help me resolve this beforehand pls

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Firmware update Sgemcom f@st 3864v3

Seems fairly strange. The firmware explanation seems doubtful (possibly just a standard guess from Thermomix help desk - did they say why a FW update would be helpful?)

From my brief looking it seems the Thermomix just uses a standard wifi connection. Its more likely the issue is with port forwarding which is usually needed for external connections to the internet. 

1) Try setting up a hotspot with your phone. Connect the Thermomix to that via wifi (updating Thermomix settings as needed) You can use no password etc. if your hotspot allows. Does that work?

2) What settings do you have available in the Thermomix network setup and what have you got them set to?

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Madfish
New Contributor

Re: Firmware update Sgemcom f@st 3864v3

Regardless of phoning Optus or Thermomix I still cannot get my Thermomix Cook Key to synchronise to the internet.  No one appears to know how to do it.  I have read that a firmware update from Thermomix was the answer but has it worked for everyone?

John

0 Kudos
Top Contributors