cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor MarkLH69
New Contributor

Few queries on a new home wireless (fixed 4G) service

Last week I ordered a 4g home broadband service to replace my failing ADSL.

I picked up the parcel after work on Fri 28th and activated the SIM at 6pm Perth time.

My usage shows 15GB already, 2.5GB FOR 27/7 when I didn't even have the package and 9GB for 28/7.

How can this be ? Could someone else have had the number / service ?

Also, I signed up for 100GB for  $70 a month post paid month to month, but I now see there is 200GB for  $80 a month.

Can I change my plan ? When I try it online it says can't find my account.

Else I will order another 200GB service and then cancel my 100GB, but then I will need to pay for another 4G modem i think ?

Just got my first bill, but the system still can't find my account. Weird.

Thanks

Mark.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Few queries on a new home wireless (fixed 4G) service

The modem you have is a general purpose modem that also works with band locking software you can get on Whirlpool forum.

As far as i know, the top 4G plan is 140Gb for $70. The 100GB plan has access to Netflix/Stan, so ends up being similar value, if you watch Netflix, however, they may enforce the fair go policy and block tv viewing

0 Kudos
New Contributor MarkLH69
New Contributor

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/home-wireless-broadband/plans Isn't this 200gb for $80 the same tech ? It's same modem.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Oh you're talking about an NBN fixed service. 

I thought you were talking about Home Wireless Broadband 200GB. It has reduced speed and only works in urban environments, due to 2300mhz not being rural.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Actually, i dont know what plan you signed up for. NBN fixed wireless is installed by a professional.

But it does sound like they have issued the same service twice, and you are looking at someone else's account. That means your usage will add to theirs and confuse them.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Oh, i see. You signed for a 100GB plan, but you put "also" in front, to make it look like your second plan. Then you put "fixed" in the title, just for the hell of it.

Ok. The 200GB plan is limited to 12/5. It also works entirely on 2300, which is difficult to pick up inside a house. The 100GB plan works on 700 and 1800, which penetrate better. You can't just change 24m contracts online. You also need to establish a My Account and add your service to it, using the account number, which they may not have sent.

But you have the problem of the number being assigned to someone else.

Regarding whether you need a new modem, you will notice that you didn't state what modem you bought. I'm just guessing that you got the E5186, since you use the word "same" in your second post. The Home Wireless Broadband product may require the same modem with HWB software in it, to validate the service and use the 2300 band. NOT SURE.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The Optus Home Wireless Broadband is NOT limited to 2300Mhz.

The only limitation is speed wise, only 2300Mhz will give you up to 12/1 speeds where as all other bands is up to 5/1

Of course its not for "sale" in numerous areas due to congestion.

Completely different to the optus mobile broadband plans (100Gb month to month or 140Gb 12 month) that you are free to use any supported device and are only speed limited by thing slike your device, Optus congestion etc.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors