Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor discobiscut
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch tv delivery

Same thing as all posts months delay for fetch tv box

two calls through for it to be resent

finally had a customer service from mobile actually get to bottom of it

when the fetch order is recieved the connection is tested and if it fails ie below the recommended 3mb the order is cancelled however at no point is this notified to the customer

Now I have just moved to Optus broadband from telstra in January and at times my connection can drop below 3mb for no know reason but generally its above 6mbps

we run netflix and streaming as well as when we had T-box no problems

How about optus let me be the judge of whether the service is adequete and if there are those kind of flucuations on the line what the recourse with telstra to get it check or fixed?

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Guys,

really not good to hear about the experiences you have both had with us 😞 I am more than happy to follow up the whereabouts of your FetchTV STB if you can please PM (private message) me your full name, account number or internet username & DOB also any order numbers would be really helpful.

I'll follow this up and be in touch as soon as I have an update.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor discobiscut
Occasional Contributor

I am not about to hand over personal detail that would in effect give access to my account 

please just respond to the validity of my comments and tell me what action to take

thank you

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

I can confirm I am an employee of Optus but if you aren't comfortable providing account information online via private message please give our techs a call on 131344 and they can ID you and provide assistance. I'm unable to help further without being able to confirm account specific information.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor rayford02
Contributor

this is all bull about giving details it is yet another duck and weave by optus pr peiople i gave eaxct orddr number date and even optus employee details 4 days ago and havent heard a peep from optus gee wonder why

New Contributor anish4c
New Contributor

Yep...same story for me as well. I got my internet connected on the 13 Jan and waited 10 days according to the website detailing delivery of the fetch tv set top box to be in 10 business days. Nothing turned up so rang them up and then the guy actually puts through an "order" and gives me an "order number". Well as I am writing this post, i am crossing 55 mins on the phone waiting for the activations team to pick my call up to give me details on the "order" for the fetch tv. My order number is 10639099. This is the 4th time I am calling optus regarding this order in the last 2 weeks and noone has been able to give me an answer. Well one time the call got cut off. Tried chatting, the lady told me to wait 15 mins to track my order and the chat window refreshed itself after 10 mins and I lost the chat connection. Being in WA, the timing of some departments dont cater for AWST. Couple of times I called i was put on hold for a while only to be told that department was closed an hour ago. Funny.

I moved from DODO, and now on hindsight realise dodo have picked up calls quicker and resolved issues quicker. and speedwise I actually have not seen much difference either. My neighbour in the unit next door gets blinding speeds with Telstra. I am starting to regret my decision to go for optus over telstra.

Well thank God the first bill has not even arrived, even if it does I will see how much I have to pay. Well a contract goes both ways. I am not going to pay for an incomplete bundle.

Hope a moderator can pick this up and see me through.

Cheers

Aneesh G Pillai

Contributor rayford02
Contributor

so bad episodes with optus with fetch box deliveries what is the real story and when are they gianlly hgoin g to tell the truth and stop lying ,im still waiting for mine been 48 days

Occasional Contributor begee08
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that my Fetch box arrived yesterday even though it did not show up on the tracking site.

Steph from social media put the order through for me last Thursday after I chased it up and it turned up in a matter of days.

So thanks Steph! and thanks Hollie for checking all was on track too.

Cheers  

Moderator Tris

Hi @anish4c, could you please send me a PM with your username and DOB? I'll check what's going on with the Fetch order 

So great Steph was able to get your order sorted out @begee08 🙂 I'll be sure to let her know

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor normie1170
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Could someone from Optus check my Fetch TV Delivery.

It's been 4 weeks and I have not received an order number yet so I can't track it.

My account number is (moderated)

Thanks