cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch box won't activate

A house move has turned into the Optus nightmare from hell! First my set top box is evidently too old now to update (why they don't automatically send you a new box goodness knows as it's evident it's an old customer) so they send out a new box. Then realise they sent the new box to the old address - so had to start again - finally get the new box and have the fetch box not activated error message - with no way of putting in an activation code. Hard reset doesn't work - does nothing. Did anyone find a solution? Been over a month now since my move. Seriously considering looking forward another provider that will help.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch box won't activate

Don't worry - after reading answers to similar problems the box is broken, though it was suppose to be a new box. So now I either try box number 4 in 4 weeks from Optus or give up. Not a happy vegemite.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Petalz, thanks for getting in touch with us. I do apologise for the inconvenience you’ve faced due to this Fetch issue. 

Since you've tried a hard reset and the issue still persist, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. Let us know how you go. Tina. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The fetch is a great box but optus had real trouble if something goes wrong. You've experienced most of the common stuff ups including all your shows going on the first replacement

Although optus provide the box as part of the plan, and will endlessly replace it if anything goes wrong it does remain theirs. You may also consider getting a unit from fetch direct on eBay for$300. Works with any rsp and yours to keep forever.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Tina, I have tried the messaging but they cannot help. I have to phone faults to get the box replaced.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ah, no worries @Petalz. Apologies again for the hassles you have had with this. If you continue to have any troubles with your new Fetch, always feel free to reach out again here on Yes Crowd. 

If you are still needing to have this order placed, you can reach out to us on our Facebook and Twitter pages, as our Social Media Team would be happy to assist further from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"If you continue to have any troubles with your new Fetch, always feel free to reach out here on Yes Crowd."

where you will be told:

"we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers"

where you will be told:

"They cannot help. I have to phone faults to get the box replaced"

where you will be told:

" you can reach out to us on our Facebook and Twitter pages, as our Social Media Team would be happy to assist further from there."

And this is not a first contact situation. Something has gone badly wrong (several times in a row) before this point and the customer is still being endlessly shunted somewhere else. Shouldn't someone in customer service pick up the baton and actually send out the Fetch unit?
0 Kudos