cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor jtf
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV not working, box not activated

Thanks for the link, just raised a complaint there.  Finally got this resolved after repeatedly contacting Optus via Facebook and via chat and by threatening to leave.  To top it off I now have a $90 service fee for this shambles.   I hope your problem gets solved soon.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor 6volt
Occasional Contributor

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Hope TIO can help you and both Optus and Fetch get forced to change their dodgy business practices when peoople keep lodging these complaints.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Colt1
New Contributor

I have this problem too, will lodge a complaint later today.

It been a nightmare for more than a month now. 

First Optus forced us out of the broadband and into the NBN, so we picked the plan with the fetch tv.

Internet is working but fetch never worked, issue was escalated from call center to person in SA that telling us to do the same thing and that we will eventually get a different outcome, ie the fetch tv is going to start working... Definition of madness !!

I just came back from holidays 3 days ago and trying to connect the Fetch tv box every day, both directly plugging it and resetting it, this way takes longer but my activation code is not being recognized a valid... 

Optus does not care about service, we have been with them for over 20 years with mobiles and internet. If this does not get resolved quickly there is not going to be a 21st...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor 6volt
Occasional Contributor

Hi, very disappointing to hear you are having so many problems.

Hope they sort their stuffing soon for you. (won't let me say what I want)

0 Kudos
New Contributor fab61
New Contributor

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has got their issue sorted out as we have just had Optus Internet connected and our Fetch Tv box is coming up with exactly the same error. It actually went through the whole setup process including activation and diagnostics and on restart it came up with a message stating that it could be an internet error and I cannot reactivate it. I have tried to reset it while speaking to Optus support and after a week I still cannot get it going. I've been told that someone will call me back and this has not happened yet - I have also been told by their support people that it is a known issue but they don't know how to fix it yet and that a replacement box will not fix the problem. In the meantime I have no Fetch Tv unless I leave the old iinet modem and Fetch Tv plugged in so that I have 2 networks running.

Can someone please provide an answer to this - has anyone managed to fix their issue?

Help!!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Colt1
New Contributor

Hi I am still in the same situation, no fetch tv and no responses.

I was supposed to get a call from their technical team to explain the issue bacause the person I am talking in SA cannot explain it...no call received...

They have said all those things to me as well.

I wonder were is the many many people with this same issue?

So iinet Fetch TV is working, interesting...

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ray85l
New Contributor

Same problem here. They bricked my fetch box after I upgraded my plan. Now i have to wait two weeks for the new box even though im still paying for the old one. Called support and was told that my gen 2 box wasn't nbn compatible even though its always been on nbn? Called customer service who put me back onto the service team who said they cant do anything. Aparently fetch tv is a free service that i don't pay for??  So ill just have to wait 2 weeks for my new box. Very rude and unprofessional, didn't care or want to know about my problem

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Neil1001
Occasional Contributor

Mines do exactly the same after moving house. Did you fix the problem........on hold as usual to Optus!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @Neil1001, we recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service team if you're still having trouble with your set top box.

0 Kudos
New Contributor TeresaC
New Contributor

Well mine has been active for about a year, I haven’t even moved house...the box just suddenly stopped working half way through watching tv! Suddenly it came on the screen that the box has not been activated and to also check internet connection. 

Been kn the phone to support the internet is fine and is connected and working. They are going to send me an activation code to get it working with NO EXPLANATION as to why it suddenly did this!!! 

Have to wait up to 4 hours. To boot I have received an email saying thanks for changing your plan...

i had better not have changed plans since I phoned and asked why it was not working and wanted it fixed. 

Not happy but guess I have to wait and see if I need to phone and resort again after also. 

0 Kudos