cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor jtf
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV not working, box not activated

Been a customer for over two years.  Just moved house and Fetch TV is not working.

The Fetch TV box has been deactivated for no good reason.   Contacted support and they told me that online support was available after 7pm, so that I can resolve the issue at home.  Turns out not to be true.  How do I get the Fetch TV box activated?

Why should I have to do this and waste hours trying to solve a problem that Optus should cover as part of moving?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch TV not working, box not activated

Hey there @jtf, really sorry for the trouble you've had there Smiley Sad 

Were you still needing the Fetch unit activated? If so, can you please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB? More than happy to help out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex I just pm'd Optus on Facebook.  The problem is not solved.

regards

Jacob

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Oh that's disappointing Smiley Sad Can you please PM me with your Facebook name so I can locate your post? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi I have pm'd all the relevant details

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I had a response on facebook but not with what I need.  To clarify, I don't need an activation code.  I don't get any field where I can input such a code, either on my TV or on my online account.  I start up the box, it checks the internet connection, shows the Yes Fetch TV logo, then returns the message the the Fetch TV box is not activated by the supplier (i.e. Optus) along with an IP address and a serial number.  

This is getting incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey jtf  - can appreciate how frustrating this would be. I've picked up your Facebook message and will reply there. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hey hey, guess what still not solved!  Great effort all round.  Facebook, online, phone, yes crowd.   Promised that it would be working today and it isn´t.  Really terrific effort, pats on the back all round, well worth paying over 100 dollars a month for this kind of service.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

I apologise you're still having issues Smiley Sad I can organise for our faults team to give you a call to troubleshoot this with you. Can you send us a private message to advise what dates/times are suitable to you? Many thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor 6volt
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar problem, I tried to change plans and get the new gen 3 "mighty" box.  I was assured by the call centre person my service would not be interuppted. Turned on TV this morning and fetch box is not activated.

I wasted 4 hours on phone calls and waiting for a supervisor who never called back to be told that it isn't optus fault. They don't care about ongoing customers and can't reactivate my fetch box until the new one arrives.

I have lost all recordings and can't record anything until the new box arrives, no idea when that will be as everyone I spoke to gave a different answer.

The people in the call centre couldn't care less how this affects me or the fact that I have paid in advance for a servive that has been removed without my consent or advising me.

Optus has no interest in helping me or fixing this problem with fetch.

I have raised a complaint with the telecommunications industry ombudsman for both optus and fetch as they are both at fault and neither have any intention of serving their customers, just taking their money!

I recommend all customers affected by this or similar failures of optus to actually do anything useful to lodge complaints also.

https://www.tioonline.com.au/consumers/new/SubmitComplaintOnline.aspx

0 Kudos
Top Contributors