Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV box Return Delay Fee

Hi I have a query relating to a return delay fee I have been slugged in my latest bill.

I contacted Optus support to adivse of a faulty STB and was advised at the time that a courier bag would be sent. At no stage was I informed that there would be a penalty for late return of this item ($181.82) which is equivalent to a year worth of subscription fees!!

I had attempted to return this item but had a no-show from TOLL prior to receiving the bill (which I had to take a day off work to do). After this I was travelling for work and unable to be at home to send this package. I have since returned this package.

Can someone please explain to me whether this charge will be reversed or waived given that I was not informed this would be applied. It's also kinda rich applying such an excessive fee for a service that was faulty, and that I had made fair effort to return.

If you have the ability to levee such a charge I should be able to charge you for the no-show and how much it cost me in lost wages!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch TV box Return Delay Fee

I believe Optus will generally reverse the (credited) fee once the unit is eventually returned.

The fee is usually for when people leave Optus and keep the box, so sort of has to cover the cost of the hardware itself.

FWIW the fee and process and your required involvement is clearly detailed in the contract you agreed to, section 7b I believe. Optus could definitely make it much clearer that all owners need to return the box promptly.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter, 

I spoke with a representative and they checked the item was returned and credited back the charge.

Thanks for your help

Garth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello, I'm also looking for some help in sorting out a stb late return fee,

I woke up this morning to an overdrawn account and a whole lot of stress and confusion

it turns out it's a late fee for not having returned the fetch tv set top box but I haven't received any instructions on how to return it yet, I changed my rate plan over a month ago and the set top box is still sitting by the TV

am I supposed to take it into the Optus shop? And if I do is there any chance of getting this fee removed?

I cannot work due to a Croninc illness and rely on Centrelink so this fee has hit me hard and I'd really like to get it sorted quickly 

please help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Oh No @MinaVera.  Please contact our care team  Here with your account details and we'll get it sorted. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos