Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Discodeb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Faulty sagemcom fast 3864AC

Optus supplied me a sagemcom fasr 3864AC modem when the nbn came to my area and i swithched from optus broadband to hfc cable nbn. The modem stopped working only the phone line worked. The modem was reset at least 6 times including by the optus support person i contacted and it still wouldnt work. The tech informed me that my modem was an old type and there eas a newer one, he informed me that my current modem was 13 months old. He said they would supply me with a newer and better modem a  sagencom fast 3864 V3 which was sent and i received in 4 days. All good except the tech NEVER told me that i would have to pay $108.00 for the said modem replacement. This has now been added to my bill. My previous modem died at just over a year of use, is there no warranty?? Optus you force me to use your modem so can have my phone line working, you send me another because your previously supplied modem dies and then you charge me for a new one and dont even inform me that i will be charged?

Crappy service

please explain?

debra 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faulty sagemcom fast 3864AC

I would think if the modem started playing up 6 months in it would be their responsibility to replace it. Do you have any correspondence from that time it started playing up as I would be making a complaint.

https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints1

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Discodeb, happy to take a look. Send us a PM with your details.

I need your full name, DOB and account number. 

If the Sagemcom F@st 3864V2 was deemed faulty and we've replaced it with a newer model, it should have been ordered a $0.00 warranty replacement. 

We don't stock the V2 anymore, the V3 has replaced our V2 models. You shouldn't be charged extra for a "newer model."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Discodeb
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the complaint info

deb

0 Kudos