Searching...
Accepted Solution

Failed Optus/NBN Connection

Biggsey

My PC does not have Internet and my Landline does not work. Both were working perfectly prior to the NBN visit

How I do I get an Optus Technician to my premises. I have been phoning and chatting with Optus for a WEEK.

Re: Failed Optus/NBN Connection

petergdownload

Optus no longer own your line. NBNCo does. 

Leaving aside all your equipment, Optus should have a modem plugged directly into your NBN wall port (what technology BTW? FTTP? HFC?) Can Optus confirm a connection to that modem? After they've stepped through any checks and still can't connect to it (only takes one call) then one of two things might happen.

1) They send out a new modem to try instead

2) They get NBNCo to come around and check your line.

Can Optus see the modem from their end?

Peter Gillespie

Biggsey

It is FTTP. Optus say everything is OK at their end and that I should refer to the PC manufacturer. I don't accept this but am trying to contact the manufacturer and other "experts" which is proving as hard as communicating Optus. I need the Optus tecnichan to visit, perhaps with another modem. Somehow I will have to convince Optus to send someone.

Wish I could copy this to the Optus CEO.

petergdownload

In fairness to Optus by the sounds of it the issue is an internal one. i.e. in your house. Optus should be able to help you step through the setup options but they can't train staff to cover every homes personal setup and equipment. They can get the modem working but after that it might mean configuring (or confirming its working) your own equipment yourself.

I suspect the issue isn't a hard one to fix however it can take a bit to step through an discount other possible problems. You might want to consider paying something like Geeks2U as I suspect they'll get you setup in under 2 hours.

If you want to step through some preliminary options with me I can probably sort it as well but it might be a bit tedious given the back and forth posts (we both go other things to do Smiley Happy). Let me know.

First up are up on Win10? 

Do you have a cable direct from the PC to the Optus modem?

Can you log into the Optus modem webpage on your PC? 

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Biggsey

Response to your three questions:

* I have WIN7

* No.

* No.

Anyway, the good news is that I engaged a local computer service and within 10 minutes of his visit today I had the internet restored to my PC, by installation of a Wireless USB Adapter($55) - wish I had known about the adapter 2 weeks ago !

The bad news is that my landline phone is still not working. Optus have promised that the 'right person' will ring me within a week.

Thank you Peter for your attention to my problem.

Trevor Biggs

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
30 Kudos