Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
HotCurryJnr
New Contributor
New Contributor

FAST5366TN-A constantly resetting, DHCP Client stopping unexpectedly

Hi all, wondering if I could grab some help.

We have a FAST5366TN-A Router at home, on the NBN Fibre to the Node, and for the longest time the router decides randomly to reset itself, stating in the router logs:

"WAN DHCP client (1) stopped"

HotCurryJnr_0-1627029360236.png

It's always the same client (1) that stops. I thought it may have been interference with our extender, which I've disconnected for the past month, and still no change. I've gone through all the procedures; resetting, restoring, cable changing, all with no luck. Even got Optus to try something on their end, still no luck.

I have a bit of an understanding of how routers work, but can't seem to quite grip what's going on here. Is it just a dodgy piece of hardware?

Thanks all, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: FAST5366TN-A constantly resetting, DHCP Client stopping unexpectedly

You may have a dodgy power brick. Back in November last year Optus preemptively sent out replacement powerbricks for this model. Did you receive one? If not, you should be able to request one.
0 Kudos
Kristy_YC

Re: FAST5366TN-A constantly resetting, DHCP Client stopping unexpectedly

Hi there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

This is certainly very odd. In this case, we might have to run some tests for you to pinpoint the fault. If you could please send us a Private Message on either Facebook or Twitter that'd be great. 

One of our Social Media Response Experts will continue to provide you with some support. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors