cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

F@ST3864V3AC - Security Config

I am trying to lock down my router and I cant find a manual in line to help.

There are a few thigs that I need to confirm

1. Universal Plug ‘n Play - UPnP - I cant find where this can be disabled

2. Is there a way you can change the router username from 'optus'.  You can change the password but not the username

3. Dies the router support remote access?  If so where can it be disabled?

4. Does the router have an internal firewall and if so where is that located

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: F@ST3864V3AC - Security Config

Hi - your firmware may have a later version than 10.33. On that version

1. UPnP - Advanced Settings/Advanced Set Up/ UPnP - Enable/Disable check Box. Some streaming services and devices may need this to be Enabled.

2. Log-In Modem Name - can't change 'optus'.

3. Remote Access - from my understanding, the modem's Firewall is locked down and the only allowed incoming path initiated from an external source is from Optus  via the TR069 link used for their remote diagnostics and automatic firmware updates.

4. Firewall - exists but there are no Low, Medium or High Settings. The user is able to make exceptions for allowing certain traffic through the Firewall in the Advanced Set Up screens in the NAT sections.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you're that concerned with security I would suggest getting better router. The Optus devices are generally locked down to provide a simple interface with few options for users

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

If you don't require an Optus landline, buy a security router; be prepared for the cost if you are serious. Otherwise, @Mkrtich is correct.

Please realise that you have no controls over the security 'holes' in commercial internet devices (or the operating system of your PC), thanks to government security agencies. Best to simply keep your software up-to-date.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors