cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor cammoooh
New Contributor

F@ST3864V2 not detecting Seagate Personnel Cloud connected through ethernet

When I plug my Seagate Personnel Cloud into the  F@ST3864V2 it is not detecting it is connected. This is through Ethernet and when I go to My Networks in the basic modem settings it doesn't show up.

To get around this I am plugging my Archer D7 (which isn't compatible with HFC NBN as far as I can tell) into the modem in WIFI router mode and plugging the Cloud into it. This doesn't work very well for using HDD as sources for Plex or network HDD.

Is there a way to connect the Seagate Personnel Cloud into the  F@ST3864V2 OR a way to utilise the Archer D& as the primary router/modem?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Cameron

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: F@ST3864V2 not detecting Seagate Personnel Cloud connected through ethernet

There is a guide to set up your archer as the main router here https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/NBN-3rd-Party-Router-with-VOIP/m-p/303430#M8265/jump-to/first-u...

You should able to connect the sea gate direct to the f@st modem in the first place. Is the IP address on the sea gate set as DHCP?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors