Searching...

Extremely slow internet speeds Part 2

LisaCam

Posted a couple of days ago about speeds less than 2 and got a reply from Moderators saying thats unusual etc

Asked me a few questions and then promised a call back TODAY from the Tech support team - surprisingly it didnt happen! Actually not surprised

Poor service again Optus - been going on for weeks

Re: Extremely slow internet speeds Part 2

[ Edited ]
naik_michel

Hi Lisa,

The speeds of the NBN that they sell you are completely wrong compared to the actual speeds you will get.

I started last week on a 25Mbps/5Mpbs plan:

Was barely getting 1Mbps-5Mpbs in most times (rarely above that...if i was extremely lucky I would get 15-20 for a few minutes then back down to crap speeds)

Now i've upgraded to 100Mpbs/40 Mpbs to test them out for a month....

For the first day I was still getting 1-3Mbps for download (08/12/2016)

Speedetests:  http://tinyurl.com/naikspeedtest

Now getting 30Mbps-50Mpbs   on the 100Mpbs plan !!!! So terrible.

Less than half what I pay for, and thats in Sydney CBD 2000 (middle of the city) so I c'ant even imagine what people outside the city are experiencing it must be attrocious!!!

MY SPEED TEST Results on 100/40 plan : http://tinyurl.com/naikspeedtest

It's so bad I don't know how they can get away with advertising such speeds and delivering 1/3 of the speed!

I mean I could understand a 85Mpbs/90Mbps on a 100Mpbs plan......but 30Mpbs is very very very low...even 50Mpbs is barely half the promised speed.

They are promising you a fast Ferrari, and they deliver a slow Toyota!

PS: Don't worry about no call back...they rarely do. Try to get a reference number (they don't want to give them out but try...and refer it to Obudsman: https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/complaints/making-a-complaint)

Optus will get a $10,000+ fine if they don't fix your problem which they are obvisouly not doing and sweeping under the rug like mine. 

Please post your zip code / city and create an account on Speedtest.net so you can keep track of the slow speeds. And post your speeds heres.

Here are mine on 100Mbps/40Mbps in Sydney CBD 2000 NSW:

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 7.27.56 pm.jpg

Hannah-L

Hey @LisaCam, sorry to hear Case Management didn't call back within the time frame we gave you. I can see they've been in touch this evening and booked a technician to look at your service. Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

nealzhong

Hey there

Ive been tricked by this "technique" so many times from Optus.

All the want is that you delete your post on public.

You have to call them and keep on the line until the manager show up.

BTW, im getting unacceptable internet speed limitation because i used "too much data" (over 5gb downloads and 500mb uploads per day). Im on a unlimited ADSL2+ plan and why the hell data usage affecting my internet speed and more THEY RESTRICT IT WITHOUT NOTICES!!!! Its not in the terms and conditions of contract that I cant do that. Its rediculous OPTUS! Im quiting, complaining and lodging fair trading.

Regards

Neal

PhilC

Hi Neal that does sound really odd, we don't cap speeds on an unlimited plan? You can check for any scheduled maintenance or unplanned outages that may be impacting your services here → http://yesopt.us/networkstatus. You can also speak with tech support on 131344 to help troubleshoot the service, if you'd like us to take a closer look into the account feel free to send through the full name, number and date of birth via a PM - Phil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

nealzhong

Thank you

But no.

I made three calls and all they tell me is that Optus doesnt cap my speed but the speed i have is depend on how much data I use. There is a threshold 500 mb uploads that i cant exceed. Using less than 200gb per month is a heavy internet user.

Im going to lodge complaint tomorrow then i can seek investigation from Fair Trading.

All I can say is OPTUS is RESTRICTING INTERNET SPEED without notices. I want to leave and ask for my fair.

REF No. 15898017 if you are interested. Technician Abhijet Employee No. CP555761 and Supervisor Munawar Employee No. CP526459. I have all the call recordings and histories.

PhilC

As mentioned we don't restrict speeds when on an unlimited plan, bear in mind that high uploads will have an impact on your download speed. The reference number you've provided suggests you are going to try a replacement modem? We're happy to assist but we do need the requested details to access the account - Phil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

nealzhong

Thats another thing that optus support lied.

Your technicians were writing logs for exchanging modem? Thats bull sh*t.

Never lie to the public. 

Show all your logs here and i will upload all the recordings for everybody to listen.

You go ask your technicians for more info and references.

Ive given the employee numbers.

Ive screen shot every thing in here as well for evidences.

PhilC

I'm unable to supply any account specific information in a public space, or access the account without first obtaining the full name, date of birth and either account or landline number attached to the service. I trust you've informed the representative you were speaking to that the call was recorded as there are strict laws regarding this. If you can PM the requested details I'm happy to go through the notes left by our teams but without this I'm unable to assist sorry, Neil - Phil

nealzhong

No Thanks 

Loging complaint tomorrow.

Sick of talking to technicians and telling me the same thing.

I understand you are willing to help but what you can do? Ive got a supervisor saying the same thing to me. Maybe you can find me a manager and see if hes telling the same thing or not.

I mentioned i was recording thank you and they tried not to mention the issue and saying there is no threshold but they say it back to me at the end cause they were lack of words. All the fact is that over 500mb uploads a day affects and restrict my internet speed. In additon, My daily usages shows that im a heavy internet user. (less than 200gb downloading and some uploads with 0.6-0.7 mb/s uploads speed? How much you think I can upload?) Ridiculous!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos