Searching...

Re: Extremely slow internet speeds Part 2

LisaCam

Hi Yes techie coming end of next week. So will wait and see what happens. Still cant use more than one device at a time!

Steph_C

Sounds frustrating! Do keep us posted with how you get on after the tech visit. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
naik_michel

Hi,

I have the same problem, I live in the middle of the city in Sydney 2000 NSW, in a 57 stories building in World Square (5 minutes walk from Darling Harbour), been on the phone many time with Optus support and case management, but no improvements.

I had a 25/5 connections barely getting 3Mbps if I was lucky! Usually 0.5Mpbs to 5Mpbs If i'm really lucky!

Now upgraded to 100/40 Mpbs, barely getting 24Mpbs tonight an usually 30-50Mpbs on 100MPBS connection in the middle of the city! Terrible! 

I can't even imagine what some of you are getting a few Kilometers away from the city must be horrible!

They tell me my line speed is 72Mbps MAX (Why are they advertising 100Mbps in Sydney CBD if they cant deliver 50% of that?)

Most speed are between 30-50Mbps....very far from the 100MPbs advertise (even if they say "Do you have Ethernet?" Who has 1990 ethernet in 2016? Computer don't even have those ports anymore!)

Here are mine on 100Mbps/40Mbps in Sydney CBD 2000 NSW: 

To keep an eye on my Speedtest which are terrible from Optus: http://tinyurl.com/naikspeedtest

naik_michel

Here are mine on 100Mbps/40Mbps in Sydney CBD 2000 NSW:

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 7.27.56 pm.jpg

Nghi

Hey naik_michel, I can see we've grabbed your details via private message in the past. You do have an open fault ticket which is being monitored by our Case Management team and latest note is that a new upgraded modem is being sent out to you for testing. There are no peak time slows reported in your area so there is enough bandwidth to go around. Something else is going on. We usually ask for speedtests to be done over Ethernet to eliminate any WiFi interference you might be affected by. Your NBN connection uses the copper line in the wall and your modem will only sync at the speed your line supports.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos