Searching...

Re: Extremely slow cable speeds.

swinz98

Still oo feedback other than the note saying my posts had been removed as I was spamming and still slow. Then I read that Optus are sending out mails explaiing they know there are issues and offering to discount a broken product.

That was the last straw for me. I've checked and I can get 200GB more than I get now moving to Telstra for just $20 more a month - no brainer and I won't need to beg to get out of my contract as it ended a long time ago.

Buy Optus and thanks for the help finding out what's causing my slow internet connection - like you didn't already know.

Ian

david1957

[ Edited ]
david1957

Sorry link not working

Download .55 Mbps

Upload .37 Mbps

What is going on

dragonfan

Hi, I'm not sure. How can I find that info out?

AussieDad075

After 6 weeks, 4 of VERY slow internet to overseas and 2 without any internet at all, a Telstra tech today finally figured out why my ADSL 2+ wasn't connecting (had a funny dial tone).    It took a Month before Optus decided to send a tech out to my exchange, even though after the first 5 or so  calls to tech support in India, they figured it wasn't an issue at my end... it ended up being a line fault at my exchange so a phone tech fixed my issue up, I am still getting congestion, but no where near as bad as it was a Month ago.

Thanks especially to Tom who has constantly been in contact me doing his very best to keep me informed,   somewhere along the line Optus forgot about Customer service first which is why they outsourced it to begin with, the guys here have been doing their best, but out of all the phonecalls to India, they complained at least 3 times that they coudln't contact level 2 support here in Australia, and they wernt responding to their requests. This delayed things for 2 weeks, that is how long it took for the first  level 2 tech to contact me.  he wasn't aware of what the problem was or how to fix it either,  and it wasnt for another 2 weeks until the first tech visited my local exchange and found a fault.  Then it was another 2 weeks before a Telstra tech found the issue and fixed it today.  It shouldn't take 6 weeks from first call to resolution.... when all that was needed was for a tech to visit my local exchange and fix the fault, he called this morning, and by midday I had a full dialtone back and my internet was back on! 

Thanks again for your Help Tom!

Ian

david1957

Still slow

Download .58Mbps

Upload .35Mbps

Friday Night

david1957

And for those who want to check their own speed, it is "www . speedtest . net"

Just remove the spaces. They don't seem to like links to other sites even if they are helpful. God forbid their paying customers may want Optus to be equally helpful. 

Just in case I strike a moderator with a conscience what Email Address do I send my concerns to. I haven't been able to find one. Only phone numbers. By the way my postcode is 3166. Maybe one of you has enough initiative to look into the problem.

chris888
I to suffer from ridiculous slow cable speeds mostly late afternoon to the late evening making my connection useless for streaming you tube video and fetch tv http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3026699259 .

Prior to upgrading to the speed pack the cable connection was a lot more reliable can something be done about this ??

During the day my speeds are acceptable from 30mb/s to 90.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos