cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor freeman1stcn
Occasional Contributor

Re: Extremely Slow speed 2Mbps~7Mbps on Cable (supposed to be 100Mbps)

Everytime technician told us there is a server issue and they are working on that and it will be fixed in 2-3 weeks.
I think we need to go TIO to FIX optus issue.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Guys

I can totally understand how frustrating this situation is and especially for those of you who have been experiencing congestion for a significant period of time.

Please know that our Networks team are regularly providing updates to the business about areas that are affected by congestion and they are working together to provide long term fixes to our customers. The reason we are unable to provide timeframes on this for most areas is because there are numerous factors that can influence schedules for upgrades including natural disasters, the complexity of the work that needs to be completed and tech availability in general.

It sounds like most of you have been in contact with our tech/ billing team in the past - they should have discussed your options in regards to the service and contract you have with us moving forward.

If you'd like to discuss your options further, our billing team are the best people to call on 133937. Alternatively if you haven't contacted us yet to confirm where the issue lies, it would be best to contact tech support first on 131344 so they can troubleshoot this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor Iamfedup
Contributor

Why did you delete my comment.

0 Kudos
Contributor Iamfedup
Contributor

Talk about natural disasters. What optus customers can expect.

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/384427898.png

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2097 kbps (262.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1448 kbps (181 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 13 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
5/2/2016, 6:23:59 AM

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey there! Can't see any other posts from you, sorry if you felt it was deleted - definitely not the case! These speeds do look a little slow indeed. May I ask if these speeds were achieved through an Ethernet connection or WiFi? Has any troubleshooting been done as yet?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor Iamfedup
Contributor

@Esther 

The post that was deleted was a link to the online optus petition.

And yes I have rang optus five times in the last month lots of hours on the phone only to be told the same old Bull that everyone else gets, line upgrades.

0 Kudos
Contributor Iamfedup
Contributor

@Esther  I have been saving all my speed test from the past month and will ringing the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman next week. TIO free call from landlines 1800 062 058

For new customers this is what you can expect.

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/374332383.png

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/385211936.png

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/389103162.png

Australian telco complaints hit nine-year low

The Optus Experience.

0 Kudos
Contributor Iamfedup
Contributor

scump

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

I have sent you a PM to advise why the post was removed Iamfedup.

If you would like me to investigate your specific internet connection troubles further please PM me your full name, DOB & Optus internet username.

0 Kudos
Contributor Iamfedup
Contributor

Sent: 19th Feb ‎2016 at 4:36pm

Just had a look at this and I can see you are currently affected by some peal time congestion Smiley Sad At this stage we have no ETR for upgrades on the NODE/ CMTS you're connected to. I would suggest giving our billing team a buzz on 133937 so they can chat about your service and contract options moving forward.

0 Kudos