Searching...

Re: Extremely Slow speed 2Mbps~7Mbps on Cable (supposed to be 100Mbps)

terrywang

At 6:13pm the speed is still good, definitely night time peak congestion. Sigh, I don't think Optus is doing anything at this stage, I took Optus 2-3 months to finish upgrading the exchange to solve congestion for the same area last time.

PhilC

Hi @terrywang sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your service, have you had a chance to speak with our tech team on 131344 in regards to these speeds? If so have you been provided any fault reference or PR numbers we can investigate for you? Please feel free to send through the internet username here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil if you'd like us to check the connection for you too. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

terrywang

I haven't got a chance to call customer service as I've been pretty busy recenlty. I've just ported out my mobile from Optus to Telstra, from a 40/m SIM only plan to 60/m plan with Telstra, pretty much the same stuff, same 10GB montly data, unlimited Internetional SMS/Call (around 10 countries - somwhat still useful - better than Optus' 300 mins). I can't be happier with the coverage and quality of signal, especially in crowded places like MQ centre (seems that all Optus mobile users within the centre are sharing the same bandwith backed by the same base station, sucks), ironicly Optus campus is 5 mins walk away. I now have coverage in a couple of places where I used to have no signal at all with Optus (out of Metropolitan area it may be better as well).

If Telstra store assistant wasn't honest with me (Telstra Cable won't be better unless I test myself - that'll be too late...), I'd move to Telstra today.

I will contact Optus customer support and what they can do, most likely put me on a list and send me notification when upgrade is done, I need an ETA.

Look at the speed... Overall the quality of Optus connectivity is pretty disapointing over the last 2.5 years.

warwick

No Dave, this is just another example of Optus not providing sufficient capacity to support the needs of all its customers.  It's an annual occurrence.  I had this problem before, about a year ago, and before that, and it gets resolved not by talking to your tech people but only after you've actually invested some money on buying more capacity.

I've been with Optus for several years.  You were good when I came over friom Teslstra but you're getting progressively worse.  The NBN should be here in Vermont South soon and when i have to sign up for that it certainly won't be with Optus.  I've had enough.

Warwick

terrywang

Getting even worse on Sunday nights when I tried to use VoIP with oversea family members. This is really annoying, is this $90/m broadband is like?

Miles_R

Hey there, @terrywang. Really sorry to see these types of speeds on your line. Has anyone looked into this for you? If not we'd be happy to help out if you'd like to send through a PM here with your account number, full name and DOB.

terrywang

Called customer care. I was told there is working going on at the Carlingford exchange (I reckon it's shared infra by a huge area as I live in Marsfield...).

No ETA, as usual, registered for SMS notification when upgrade work is done. This is not good enough for customers. But what else can we do? For suffering customers, we never got any sort of compensation or even an apology. So pissed off for the cable service quality.

Sam_D

Hey @terrywang, I've just picked up your PM and will get back to you there in just a tick. 

terrywang

3 months have passed, there has been no change, poor Internet speed (bandwidth during peak hours, after 7pm).

I thought it would improve after GoT Season 7 ended but it appearantly did NOT.

I've been experiencing latency and issues when playing games, drops when using VoIP or web meetings (zoom, blue jeans, Google Hangouts, etc). When playing mobile games like Clash Royale it kept dropping, I had to use my Telstra mobile 4G/LTE network to play to avoid losing.

Look at the speed test result, at 11:47pm at night, supposed to be -> 100Mpbs down / 2Mbps up

See for yourself.

Once TPG or whatever NBN plan is available in my area, I'll be the canceling my Optus Cable immediately.

I've had enough for the past 3 years with Optus Cable, just want to give this company the F-word.

terrywang

What is the ETA of the exchange upgrade? It's been over 3 months, nothing has happened.

I have been sufferring from poor bandwidth / high latency issue almost everyday after 6pm. WTF is going on with your operations?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
17 Kudos