Searching...

Re: Extremely Slow speed 2Mbps~7Mbps on Cable (supposed to be 100Mbps)

FixItNow

New dictionary definition required for "ignorance" needed then.

The ETR for Carlingford started in June 2015 and its still not working properly.

If this is a sign of the competence of the people perfroming this upgrade...sack them all and get new ones...not really much to lose, the current mob is useless.

[ Edited ]
Hollie

Hey @Iamfedup, all customers queries are evaluated on a case by case basis. As I've said previously, you'll need to contact customer care for your specific case to be assessed and to discuss your options. I understand your want for an exact answer however this can't be provided until we complete said assessment.

Hey @FixItNow, did our tech team or customer service team advise of your options moving forward if they have no ETR for upgrades? Our customer care team can be contacted on 133937 and they can discuss this further with you.

@PoSa - not too sure if you'd had a chance to read my response on the other thread but here are some examples of factors that can cause upgrades to be postponed - delays due to weather, other outages that need attending to first, complexity of work that needed to be completed etc.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

FixItNow

No-one i have spoken to in nearly 12 months has any info other than "upgrades are happening but we don't jave a date".

If you don't have a date, then NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

My 6 yr old daughter understands this logic where optus fail constantly.

I have wasted countless hours arguing this point but like they say "don't argue with an idiot. They break you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

If something is happening then supply a date - I don't need another 2 hour wait to have a pointless circular conversation with anyone else who can  provide the same old BS.

Start providing a positive customer experience noting your credibility got up and ran away months ago.

FixItNow

Sorry folks. Apparently I have breached the community guidelines in one of my recent posts. Should anyone or anything have been hurt or distressed in any way I apologise unreservedly.

Forthwith, I will be including "in my opinion only" on my posts (assuming I remember).

Thankyou for the kudos it received.

In my opinion only,

This post has been edited... which apparently means deleted - I remain unclear as to exactly why.

Upon inspection it appears the community guideline is so broad in its restriction it appears I should be praising optus for their efforts in doing nothing to fix a service we have contracted to pay for

This appears (in my opinion only) due to the purely one-sided throwaway on their part that a service is never "guaranteed" to perform like it was advertised and/or provided. A principle load of B<(insert letter of your choice)>

However it so appears that optus is unable to provide the service I pay for at this time, but will be provided sometime soon

Soon™:

"Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future.

"Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between the provider and the end user.

"Soon" will arrive someday.

Soon does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe.

Do not make plans based on "soon" as no-one will ever be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.”

Now<----------Soonerino----------Very Soon----------Soon----------Soon-ish----------Soonish...er---------->End of Time

Very Soon

"Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see it completed.

Soon-ish

Current speculation believes "Soon-ish" to exist between "Soon" and "End of Time."

Soonerino

Current speculation believes "Soonerino" to exist between "Now" and "Very Soon."

Soonish...er

Current speculation believes "Soonish...er" to exist between "Soon-ish" and "End of Time."

Official Definition of Soon

Information provided here that involves the providers’ expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The provider generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” “future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements.

Factors that could cause the providers’ actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in any statement regarding any interpretation of the future include, but are not limited to, sales levels of the providers’ products shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of any products supplied by the provider, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of the providers’ products, market competition, industry competition and competition from other forms of similar or vastly different products (whichever may apply, or not apply), rapid changes in technology, industry standards and consumer preferences, including interest in other forms of similar or vastly different products (whichever may apply, or not), protection of proprietary rights, litigation against the provider, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers who can create high quality products (or low quality products – whichever may apply, or not apply, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, and the other factors identified in the risk factors section of the providers’ most recent annual report on Form 10-K (not available for public consumption) and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q (not available for public consumption).

Any and all forward-looking statements are based upon information available to the provider, and the providers does not assume any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements.

Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect.

These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of the provider and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

FixItNow

and thanks @Hollie for the advice in contacting Customer Care on the number provided.

Customer Care don't appear to exist as an IVR option and tech support have no ability to transfer me to Customer Care as they can't do that.

In my experience tech support have a whole lot of can't do - other than being experts in apologising.

If would be helpful if you could provide something more specific and different to being aimlessly diverted through optus unable to find someone who actually does "care" - which is the experience I get everytime I call.

freeman1stcn

BUMP

Last Result:
Download Speed: 7950 kbps (993.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 960 kbps (120 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 25 ms
Jitter: 5 ms
4/8/2016, 10:56:30 PM

Iamfedup

For new optus customers this what you can look forward to.

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/444375494.png

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2340 kbps (292.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 547 kbps (68.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 9 ms
Jitter: 12 ms
25/04/2016, 8:32:58 pm

Iamfedup

For new optus customers this what you can look forward to

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/447993012.png

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4060 kbps (507.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1009 kbps (126.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 10 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
30/04/2016, 4:50:49 pm

Iamfedup

bump

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/454610289.png

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2185 kbps (273.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 445 kbps (55.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 522 ms
Jitter: 57 ms
10/05/2016, 6:54:39 pm

terrywang

OMG, the same thing happened again about 4 weeks ago, at night the speed is crap, cannot even download macOS/iOS patches and Linux packages at proper speed.

I am getting 6.77Mbps down / 0.59Mbps up, WTF? And it's been like this for at least a month. What the heck is Optus doing? 

I am supposed to be at carlingford exchange based on the PTR record -> c-ip. carlnfd1.nsw.optusnet.com.au Optus MUST have taken too many users without upgrading the infrastructure, it's simply congested.

Same thing happens to Optus mobile network. Now I hardly see full signal bar in North Sydney CBD area and MQ centre (4G feels like modem, I think the bandwidth is shared by all people around using the same tower...) My SIM ONLY plan expires this month and I am moving to Telstra for good.

If Optus cannot fix the congestion problem soon enough, I am leaving for Telstra Cable as well as I am out of contract long time ago.

This really FcuKing annoying!!!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
32 Kudos
16 Kudos