Searching...

Re: Extremely Slow speed 2Mbps~7Mbps on Cable (supposed to be 100Mbps)

terrywang

Now nobody from Optus give a sh1t about this any more?

Aman_B

Certainly not the case @terrywang. Would be best to contact tech again on 131344 to raise new ticket to have it investigated further. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lettej

Optus is just BAD.  Poor customer service, horrible robotic telephone system that usually hangs up on you, but not until it''s wasted 15 minutes of your life.  Promises of "we're aware of the congestion problem and are working on fixing it" but never an ETA of when improvement is likely.

I have cable with PREMIUM SPEED.  What a huge and horrible joke that is!

Optus has oversold it's product way past it's capacity to provide the service we have all paid for.  What a SCAM.

terrywang

Why would I bother calling again if I already know the answer (we know the congestion, we are fixing it but no ETA blah blah blah...)?

Look at this nice speed at 11:03pm. It's been like this after dinner.

I cannot even properly load web pages.

Shauna

It's still a good idea to give them a call if you're wanting assistance @terrywang. If there's no ETA, they may be able to look into your contract and see if there's anything they can offer. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

terrywang

No need really.

It's been 6 month+ no sign of fix. I don't think Optus cares as there are enough new customers in contract in terms of turnover.

Look at this speed at 10pm

I am moving to Telstra Cable (NBN is not yet available). 99/m unlimited data with entertainment bundle (Telstra TV etc). I think it should at least be better than Optus, at least my Mobile experience (6m+ has been satisfying), I am giving Telstra a chance.

I have had enough with Optus.

If you've been experiencing the same issue, look at my history and make your decision. Don't expect Optus to solve the congestion.

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn/plans-bundles#24-months

Dan_C

That's understandable @terrywang,

I completely get why you'd feel disheartened especially if it's been over 6 months since you'd brought the issue to our attention. Had we given you any indication as to when we can expect NBN to roll out in your area? I've done a quick search with your address and we're being advised of an expected serviceability date of Apr-Jun 2018. The planned access technology is HFC-NBN.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

terrywang

Well, if the underlying cable is still HFC then the bandwidth problem will remain. More customers in the area but same old infrastructure.

If the problem has not been tackled in 6 month+, I don't believe it'll be any different when so-called `NBN` rolls out. The bandwidth is only a number, you will never get it when you need it (I cannot even get 30Mbps which is supposed to be the minimum with boost after 8pm).

Optus has to be honest to its customers, if you are not going to upgrade the infra, just tell us, lower your price or we find better ISP. Simple. Keep annoying the customers, finally you lose them all.

All my colleagues have moved the mobile service to Telstra with various promotions, pay slightly more but the service quality is huge difference.

Highlighted

Dan_C

It's actually Telstra's underground HFC cables that are used as the end endpoint of the network in the case of HFC-NBN @terrywang. The ISP plugs into the NBN Network at the POI (point of interconnect). In the case of FTTCP NBN run fibre from the distribution point and connects to the existing copper network. The end point of the network is Telstra's copper lead in cables. The feedback you've provided is valid. We're sorry to see you leave.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
51 Kudos
49 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos