cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Extension phones

After 2 months of getting nowhere with that other provider, Optus had me on NBN in 7 wotking days. Thank you!!!!

Just one small problem. The previous set-up {which was on NBN) supported 2 corded extension phones. The new

Optus modem supplies each extension with an 'engaged' signal. Is it possible to have corded extensions, or can this

only be done by changing our phone to 'phone + 2' cordless configuration?  Advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Extension phones

Just because I'm a little unclear, when you say extension phones is it

a) phones that have 1 main base station that then sends the signal to 1 or more other handsets (so only the base station is plugged into the wall/modem)

or 

b) extension phones that are plugged directly into the wall because you have more than 1 socket?

If it's B, the way Optus have their set up, a standard home set up that had multiple outlets prior to NBN, will now only have the first outlet work unless you pay an electirican to come out and fix the configuration. Not all providers work like this but Optus definitely do. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Extension phones

Hi, samsam, thank you so much.for your help. At my age (84) I need all the help I can get.

My set-up is option B, and that clarifies the matter completely. To restore our extensions I

can use a Uniden 1735 cordless phone system with 2 handsets, or similar systems. Thanks again.

0 Kudos