Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
monsoon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Expired Certificate *.optusnet.com.au

Optus is so unprofessional that they can let a key element like the security certificate expire: EVERY Customer needs this for their email to work! It’s a lot more than A priority: it’s a crucial service that they failed to deliver on.
gpwrigh
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have lost connection to our internet as well due to expired certificate. What can I do?

0 Kudos
monsoon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep super annoying they are so inept. You need to turn off all your mail accounts that use that server, until optus gets their priorities sorted out. It expired 10pm last night so it’s been 10hrs already & they haven’t got a single technician to sort this out yet!
0 Kudos
MRV3000
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Cannot verify server identity constantly on my iPad and iphone

I think it’s fixed as at 0830/Sydney time. my iPhone has stopped the popup message and my emails are coming in 🤞🏼🤞🏼
0 Kudos
monsoon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Would really like some proper acknowledgment of what a major stuff up this is. Saying “Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused” fails to accept that significant inconvenience & time wasting is caused! The certificate should never be allowed to expire without a new one in place, it should be seemless & NEVER should happen because it DOES cause major hassle with all customers using mail on their devices.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey @monsoon. Apologies for the troubles this Webmail fault is causing. Our teams are still investigating this matter, as mentioned by our other moderators. There is no current ETA, but our techs are working hard to have this resolved as soon as they can. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Steven_YC

Hey @gpwrigh - Thanks for sharing this. The internet loss shouldn't be correlated to your Certificate issue that you're faced with. Have you had the chance to check the Network Status page for any outages or planned works?

The certificate issue is something our team are working on and aim to have resolved as soon as possible. We're yet to receive a concrete ETR at this stage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

davjdel
New Contributor
New Contributor

My email is now coming in as of 8:30am - but the message constantly continues to pop-up and prevent me doing anything until I select cancel.

Had to restart my phone to clear the message popping up

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Re: My phone is saying my Email licence expired

We appreciate your patience @Willoughbywoman.

davjdel
New Contributor
New Contributor

Looks like certificate issue is fixed - but iPhone had to be restarted to get new certificate and stop error message
Top Contributors