Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor YesMan
New Contributor

Existing customer paying $200 for new setup when changing plan

Currently an existing customer paying $95/month for 200GB data. (Month to month)

I was advised to look for a cheaper plan but the only ones available will charge $200 upfront cost for new setup.

Month to month is a requirement. Two years is way too long for me 🙂

Is this $200 charge the only option Optus can provide for an existing customer looking to change plans IOT to get more data?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Existing customer paying $200 for new setup when changing plan

I thought the $200 was for new customers only. It's even called a "start up" fee but you're not starting up, you started a while back! I'd jump onto Live Chat and as them. I think if you're not looking for a free modem, you could go onto the $60 or $80 bundles (both have unlimited downloads) without paying the upfront fee.

live chat link is - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Existing customer paying $200 for new setup when changing plan

Hi there, @YesMan. It's great to see that you're looking at keeping your services with us 🙂 The good news here is that given you're an existing customer, the $200 charge doesn't apply to you as that's only in place when setting up a new connection. Feel free to speak with us via Live Chat or shoot us a PM here if you have any other questions. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos