The long weekend is nearly here – time to break out the speakers for a poolside party. Check out Yes... Read the full story
2015-10-02 05:15 PM
Hi everyone and Optus Support in particular!
I've started experiencing internet slowness on my Optus cable service only a couple of weeks ago and called tech-support only today and got the news that my exchange is being upgraded, hence some issues are expected. The most disturbing thing is that Support could not give me any ETA on this upgrade finish. Then a quick search brought me to this forum and I discovered that people have been in this situation for months and months without any information from Optus.
This is unacceptable, this is not the way of doing business fairly.
1) You know that service is degraded and going to be degraded for some extended periods of time, but you do not provide any information to your customers, neither proactively, nor on demand.
2) You keep charging people for your "service" as normal and even charging for premium service as if nothing has happened.
I lodged my complaint over the phone to Technical Support and putting it here as well. I guess that Optus Support is monitoring this forum. I would expect that:
1) Optus provide me some tentative date on when upgrade on my exchange (North Narrabeen, 2101) is expected to be finished;
In the interest of community
2) explain what Optus is doing and planning to do to keep their customers informed on expected upgrade start and finish dates;
3) explain what Optus is doing and planning to do to provide some refund/compensation to those who experiencing service quality issues.
! Please note, if we do not get any good progress with this by October 16th, I would lodge a complaint to Telecommunication Ombudsman! We would not suffer in silence.
2015-10-02 05:19 PM
Everyone who started experiencing internet slowness recently and got informed by Optus Support that it is due to exchange upgrades please feel free to join this thread Please do not put your complaints here if you are not sure about your internet slowness cause. Let's keep this thread dedicated to this particular topic.
2015-10-02 05:23 PM
You have got my vote and you have basically reiterated what I have been saying for the last 3 months.
2015-10-05 02:03 PM
Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.