cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor DallasG
New Contributor

Every time it rains my internet goes to s**t.

I am not an optus customer, I am a dodo customer, they will not tell me which wholesalers they lease line from, so am contacting the 2 I know have pits at the top of my street.

Every time it rains my internet goes to s**t, speeds go from 4.5 down to 2, it's a regular occurance, every time it rains this happens, dodo have had me run their little tests, basically uselss busy work for me, as they seem unwilling to contact you and have someone check my line, physically test it, not a test from the call centre, sorry "tech support".

Is there any thing I can do, I am sending this message because they are unwilling to help, and with my recent access to NBN I wish to have this problem resolved before I sign up for that, because as I see it the problem is still there and it will continue to be there whether I have NBN or ADSL.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, this is also over at telstra, as like i said my ISP is unwilling to divulge who they wholesale through.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Every time it rains my internet goes to s**t.

Even if they did tell you there wholesalers you personally wouldn't have the appropriate privilege to instigate a service request, that's via the retailer.. If they are unwillingly to help further contact the TIO (although they're crazy flat out) as it seems you done your best. There's no reason or difference when you change over to NBN as you'll be contacting the retailer and not the wholesaler.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor DallasG
New Contributor

So it is upon them to contact whoever they lease line from and not me, at least i'm getting somewhere.

Contacting the TIO is a last resort, i'm sure dodo will cancel my contract once I persue that route.

The issue is not who I contact, it's that the line be fixed before I switch over, if I have "poor" line it will have the same impact on NBN as it does ADSL, so that's why want it fixed or at the very least for someone to tell me 100% that there is no issue.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Cancelling a contract?  Your telephony service provider is DoDo.. You have a line issue (hopefully not internal) They're failing to rectify the current issue by giving you the run around.. Maybe try them again and suggest the simple fix isn't working and how do we step up the support to rectify the line issue? If it's a fail follow the the last straw? 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor DallasG
New Contributor

I have a 20 deep email chain going with them, so yeah at a point where i've asked them to step it up several tiems, one of their last emails, and i'll quote it, was, this is why I said they would cncel my contract, if they said it over tech issues, a formal step in by the TIO would send them over the edge.

"  

Please note that there are too many factors affecting the speed of your internet.

If you wish to proceed with the cancellation, when would you like to set the cancellation date?
Please be advised that you will lose the number and Dodo email once we cancel the service.

"

I guess my last resort in the TIO,  

Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Crazy.. So there thoughts are.... Yep it's a crap service we don't want to pay/organise the wholesaler to send a someone and if you don't like it well cut your phone off.. To me it seems by there own admission that you could go else where and they won't charge an exit fee, as there not willing to forfil there end the contract nor supply an adequate reliable service and of course considering they've threatened the lost of your number ect mmmm this is only one path! What a lovely company.

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
New Contributor Zachie
New Contributor

Just contacted a Optus on this website and ask for help

0 Kudos
Top Contributors