cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mira73
New Contributor

Re: Error Message - Broadband sim

I'm also having the same issue. Set it up yesterday and this message kept appearing.

Spoke to online chat last night who verified my IMEI and sent an email confirming account set up so hoped that was it.

Unfortunately message popped up again today and have restarted twice and both times within 30mins I get

Hmm looks like you’ve tried to use your Home Wireless Broadband SIM in another device.

Great speeds for the few mins it works but very frustrating that's not much time.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Richtapp
Occasional Contributor

So a quick update....

I have called tech support and I specifically referenced the ticket number provided in the first post of page 2 of this thread (explaining this was likely the same issue for a different customer), and the CSO referred back to the technical team and made some changes at their end - which so far appears to have worked... time will tell.

Initially she suggested I take the new modem to the retail store for them to replace the SIM card, which I will do if the problem returns.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Wise move to mention the ticket number to give them a leg up, thanks for the update Richtapp! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mira73
New Contributor

Unfortunately, 1 week in to owning this modem and I still don't have a working internet.

I took the advice and tried with 3 different people yesterday to give them the ticket number and no success. All they wanted to all do was check my sim card number was linked to me.

I'm about ready to take this back to the shop and go somewhere else.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Richtapp
Occasional Contributor

Mira73, if you are able to ask for a specific CSO, I spoke with Marey and she returned my calls and double checked it was fixed. Also quote the ticket number mentioned earlier in this thread which helped me as it appears they could see what comments were made on that ticket to know what to do to fix it.

Ideally they should have an internal memo advising CSO of the issue and resolution as Marey hadn’t heard of it before.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mira73
New Contributor

Thanks Richtapp. I can't get anyone to listen to my request to look at the fault ticket.
Today I've requested the CSO manager and they still won't look at it. It's so frustrating, more like talking to a chatbot.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Mira73,

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. Hopefully you have better luck there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor iainr
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue as Mira73, my connection works perfectly for a while then the channel or tower switch I randomly get the error looks like you've tried to use your home wireless broadband in another device

Currently I force a reconnect in the route admin pages, then it will work again for a while

Probably won't have time to contact support till next week but it looks like it is required

0 Kudos
New Contributor kazy
New Contributor

I have had my modem about a week or so and have the same issue. it will work for a short amount of time then I get the error. I will try contacting them tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor iainr
Occasional Contributor

I contacted support on Sunday and they reset my account but unfortunately the invalid SIM issues have continued.
Also I still can't access this website (yescrowd) whilst using the B525.
I installed the SIM in an older mobile WiFi hotspot and whilst the connection was slower it did not have the invalid SIM error and I can connect to yescrowd.
I will contact support again soon, though this will my last attempt before escalation for cancellation and refund
0 Kudos