Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Error Message - Broadband sim

Hi ashleighw/all,

This is a known issue from over the weekend. Thanks for raising it. 

Our Mobile Networks team have identified a complaint trend per new customer activations on the Wireless Broadband 200GB/500GB (Apr 19) plan; with some customers advising of being unable to use their service post activation. Fault ticket number 21790547. 

Impacted customers are advising of receiving SIM errors including; “Incorrect SIM Card”, “Not Compatible” and "Looks like you have tried to use the sim card in another device, your sim will only work in a home wireless modem supplied in the kit where you signed up to this plan so you can't use it any devices".  

We'll post updates here as we receive them. I'm not sure how bluebutter got it resolved based on the communication we received? Hope that is still the case.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor ashleighw
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for letting us know. How long until it's resolved?? We've had our service for a week now and can't use it? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jus2frustrated
New Contributor

Having the same problem, been talking to them on live chat for hours, been transferred to different agents 4 times. After resetting the modem, updating our order(whatever that means) we are still getting the same error message.
I wish they could just admit they don't know what's going on and give us a different modem or something.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Our Networks team are actively working to fix this issue, however no ETR has been advised at this stage.

As it is a known problem, our front line customer service agents won't be able to resolve the issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Update received:

• Latest update is Networks team have deployed a network policy configuration fix @ approx 10:55 AM (29/10).
  • Mobile Networks have performed verbal service confirmations with customers, with most customers (able to contacted) advising services are now working (post fix).

0 Kudos
New Contributor Willis13
New Contributor

Set up ours on Tuesday 29/10 and having the same issue! 😠

New Contributor TimSydney
New Contributor

I just got a new 4G modem today and am having this exact issue. How do I enact this solution?
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi guys,

I have reached out to our Mobile Network team to advise they we still have some customers who are experiencing this issue and am awaiting their response on what next steps to take.

When I receive this update I'll post it here.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

All customers affected by this outage that have reported the issue would have received an SMS to confirm the service.

If they are still experiencing issues, they will need to reply to this SMS so they can be contacted back.

If they have not reported the issue in the first instance, they will need to contact Mobile Tech Support to troubleshoot as the outage has now been resolved.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Richtapp
Occasional Contributor

I purchased this modem in store yesterday and within hours of setting up and using the modem I had this error come up when ever I tried accessing websites. I used the online chat from a device connected to another provider and was told to reinsert the sim. This worked but now this morning have the same message. I restarted the modem and it fixed the problem, which returned in under half an hour. My mobile (telstra) simply disconnects from the wifi and reverts to its own network data. My other devices are also connected through a router if that makes any difference. I’ll contact tech support (as shown above) later today to try and resolve it - but this shouldn’t be happening to new customers if the resolution is known already
0 Kudos