Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Worstnightmare
New Contributor

Emails missing in webmail

Hi all,

My wife usually checks her email on her phone (IMAP) and every few days when she gets a chance she will power up her laptop and using Oulook (POP) she will download her email. Once the emails are downloaded to the laptop they are then removed from the server.

She has downloaded her email today and discovered a week of missing email from the 23/2 till the 1/3.

Were there any outages?

Is there any way to get this email back?

I have called customer service who could not help and would not log a fault ticket.

Can anyone from Optus Internet email help here?

Please advise - some of these emails are very important as they relate to care of our autistic son.

Thanks in advance

Adam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Emails missing in webmail

Using IMAP and POP on the one email account I would not recommend as it can get rather complicated as to what program is controlling your mail. In addition to that POP won't delete any new folders created by IMAP. Generally speaking if the missing emails are not on webmail then I don't think they could be recovered.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Worstnightmare
New Contributor

Re: Emails missing in webmail

Hi there - it is not really too complicated and easy to control. My wife and I have been using this method for years with no issues at all. Cheers.

0 Kudos