cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor CarlyF
New Contributor

Emails missing from webmail inbox

Hi

Somehow all my inbox emails greater than 7 days old have dissappeared, this is only on my webmail when I login via pc, on my phone all historical emails are still there.

What has caused this? Is there any way to restore them?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Emails missing from webmail inbox

I would say that either your pc or phone is set to remove messages from the server when they are more than 7 days old. I would check the advanced mail server setting on both of your devices before you go any further.

0 Kudos
New Contributor CarlyF
New Contributor

Nothing has changed on the settings and as I said all my emails are still visible on my phone they have only disappeared from the webmail access via a PC.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I can appreciate you haven't changed the settings but did you verify the settings are correct? Can you also tell me if you are using POP or IMAP?

remove-mail-from-server.jpg

0 Kudos
New Contributor CarlyF
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply - I cannot find the same settings screen that you posted, however on my iPhone the option selected is ‘delete from server when removed from inbox’, I cannot find any setting related to the server when I access webmail from the pc. It looks like the setting is pop 110.

The issue has only impacted the inbox folder, there is still a heap of emails in the trash folder that are more than 7 days old.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok the settings on your iPhone seems fine and you don't need to worry about your pc as I misunderstanding how you were using your mail. If you haven't changed the mail settings recently then I can't explain why your mail is missing from webmail. There is the off chance that someone hacked your mail so it might be prudent to change your password. Moving your mail back to webmail is not possible using a POP account. You could possibly do this with IMAP however its not something I would attempt with an iPhone. I would suggest you have a word with support before you do anything else as they may know of some other reason why this has happened in the first place.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors