Searching...
Highlighted

Emails being sent to other contacts on webmail

Chad60

I'm not sure if this falls into this category, but recently when I sent emails other contacts as well as the one I sent also receive the emails. Is anyone else having this problem? I've been using Safari and Chrome on my iPad. 

Re: Emails being sent to other contacts on webmail

Yeldarb

Hmm sounds like an error of some sort unless you have created a mailing list somehow. When you send an email is it going to the same additional email addresses every time or random addresses? In your sent items do additional email addresses show up in the to, carbon copy or blind copy fields?

Chad60

It's the same group and they are CC'd in. I had sent them an email just previously and somehow they were included in the next few emails I sent. 

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

I just had a quick look at a couple of posts on the forum as I didn't think it was possible to create mailing lists or group contacts with webmail however according to the post below you can. I suspect somehow you have associated some or all of your contacts as a group contact and this why emails are going out to everyone.

If you have a read of the second last post on the link below it explains how group contacts are created and armed with this information you should be able to work out how to remove them. Sorry I can't give more precise information as I haven't used Optus webmail for many years. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Webmail-How-do-you-send-emails-to-a-group-conve...

Chad60

Thanks for your reply. The post you suggested doesn't explain why these recipients would be automatically added to my email. I simply clicked reply to a message and the next thing I know it's been sent to  multiple recipients. I think it's a glitch. I'm hesitant to use webmail and will now just send email via Outlook. 

Yeldarb

I can only assume it was a glitch or a mistake. The link I posted gives you some detail on what to look for however if you are concerned about how it happened then you would need to speak with support and you can do that via the live chat link below if you wish.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos