cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Pierre4
New Contributor

Emailing

Why can't I send emails using my optus login from premises that have ISP's  that are not Optus. e.g. I can't send emails from  "my name"@optusnet.com.au. when I'm in a house that uses Telstra as its ISP?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Emailing

Hmm you definitely should be able to. Are you using the web client, or a third party email program? Next time you're using another ISP, try sending the email from the other platform, this should help us narrow down where the problem originates.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Pierre4
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey, I'm sorry about my ignorance but I don't know what you mean by "Web Client" and "3rd party".

But to explain,as an example: If I'm at my daughters house and she is with Telstar as her ISP then any emails I try to send via my Optus email address (  xxxxx@optusnet.com.au ) are not delivered to the addressee but end up in my Outbox from where they still can't be sent. To send these emails I have to change my address to xxxx@gmail. It is just a nuisance. Should I be able to use the Optus email address ?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @Pierre4, if you want to send emails when connecting to another provider's network, you'll just need to update your mail server settings in the email programme you're using to point to Telstra's outgoing mail server. Either that or you can save yourself the hassle by logging into webmail.optuszoo.com.au when you're not using an Optus connection. 🙂

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pierre4
New Contributor

Thanks Hannah....Webmail it is then...(or gmail)

0 Kudos
Top Contributors