cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email server not responding

Hi all,

Have been having trouble with 2 email addresses both are my sub-account email my main and original email works fine. We have had these accounts for years.

I keep getting a long wait and server not responding message.

I have em client and it is scheduled to check every 10 mins or so. My main email which my account with Optus is under appears to have very few problems but the two sub-account has almost persistent problems.

If I go directly to the webmail again I can't appear to access my emails either.

Every once in a while a batch of emails will come thru to em client or be accessible thru webmail direct. I have not changed any setting.

This very frustrating when waiting on important emails or password reset, authentication codes etc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Email server not responding

Unfortunately Optus email has been so slow and unreliable in general that I don't rely on it for any important messages.

I think at the moment its the worst it has ever been for me.

I'm even the following error, which I have never encountered before.

Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Email server not responding

I didn't think I would get an answer from Optus and I haven't and the problem continues.

It appears a server is overloaded and runs slow and Optus haven't repaired this issue in the last three weeks at least.