Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor GT23
New Contributor

Email error

Optus, 

Honestly your support is the worse ever.

I have spent over 4rs with tech support and they said will call me back within 1hr. It has been 4 and still waiting.

I cant't send email from phone or outlook, each time I reset my password it works for 1 day and same issue.

Error says, 

Send test email message: The server responded: 450 4.7.1 <c114-77-209-20

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC68) : ' The server responded: 450 4.7.1 <c114-77-209-201.rivrw11.nsw.optusnet.com.au[114.77.209.201]>: Client host rejected: Auto blocked due to password attack'

Surely someone comptenet can advise what the issue is and how to fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Email error

I've dug up an old thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Network-Coverage/Emails-blocked/td-p/203843,

It looks like customers who'd received the same delivery failure error were required to empty out their SPAM folder.

Let us know how it all goes. If you're still having issues, we'll touch base with Networks and confirm whether there's a fix in place. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor GT23
New Contributor

I have already emptied SPAM

folders.

was told someone would call me in 72hrs once they took

the block off.

it has been 2 weeks. All email accounts have the issue of not sending email.

please escalate 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reporting back, please send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can double check this for you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos