Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Peter49
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Email address when upgrading plan

3 months left on current Optus wireless broadband plan and considering paying out remaining $81 of the iPad payment and closing then starting a new 500Gb Optus wireless broadband plan. Do I automatically keep my current long-standing Optus email address or do I have to take some specific action to ensure it flows across to my new contract?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Email address when upgrading plan

It should usually remain without issues as the email should be connected with your overall account and not the specific service. If there is an issue Optus can reconnect / activate it on request if you have the broadband account that is required. They don't delete everything at first, just disable your access to it.

Its a good time to get 500Gb at only $3 more than the 200Gb plan at the moment.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You have to make sure they associate it with your new account. I have read of many people losing access to their email when downgrading to the NBN and I assume this is an administration issue that has not been followed on the Optus end.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Peter49  I signed up last year as a Wireless Broadband Customer and was not offered an email account, which did not worry me as I stopped using RSP addresses.

I had a look at the CIS for Optus Wireless Broadband and there is not mention of an email account.

There are more experienced people than me posting in here, but I would look at an alternative email non Optus account well before the plan change, have all you Optus email on the new account and 
if things do not go well on the plan change at least you have your email.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Peter49
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks sounds good. Will contact them (sales or tech) to ensure it is connected / stays connected.
0 Kudos
Peter49
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks will contact them to ensure it is linked and will post eventual outcome.

0 Kudos
Peter49
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks will contact them to to ensure the email address remains and will post the outcome in due course.

0 Kudos