cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Email Spam filtering needs urgent attention letting lots in but can't report it as being blocked

What a waste of time clicking and reporting SPAM emails to Optus, nothing ever gets done and the spam emails keep flooding in.

Why can’t we be allowed to block the web sites than are sending these emails, my guess is Optus is making money some how.

Lift your game Optus, we know you block these spam sites from sending emails to you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Email Spam filtering needs urgent attention letting lots in but can't report it as being blocked

Step 1 setup a gmail account and move my contacts & accounts to the new account - short term pain, but not as bad as the ongoing long-term SPAM every day, day after day.

Step 2 move my Optus mobile phone account to another provider

Step 3 cancel my Optus home phone & internet account

Going, going....... I have been a patient, loyal customer for many years, however, I do not wish to continue travelling along this one-way street

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I already have a gmail account , cancelling Optus mobile or broadband is not and option.

Optus just needs to listen to its customers.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm getting the same and it's increased even more the last month - now get on averate 10-15 spam emails a day, including multiple from the same sender.

I've had it with Optus as well and now trying to move providers. I agree, Optus seem uninterested in fixing or improving their email service. I've been with them 15+ years so this is going to take some time, but they leave me no choice. Once emails are gone, I'll be looking to moving all my other services too. 

Why are Optus not listening to their customers!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am now filtering my optus emails through Gmail and it is so much better! The Optus spam goes directly into a spam folder - on average 20 spam emails a day now - all from Optus. Promotions, advertising that's not spam per say but stuff you sign up for along the way, goes into another folder, then social emails like Facebook and LinkedIn automatically goes into another folder...so much tidier. Gradually I will start changing everything across to Gmail as it doesn't look like Optus is cleaning up it's act any time soon. Shame, I too have been with them since emails began! Nothing stays the same I guess.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Absolutely... This problem has gone on for years and OPTUS haven't improved their webmail at all or in any way that I can see.
It needs work on SPAM, SIZE, INTERFACE.   These are simple fixes and in today's IT environment will be easy (as they have all been done and can be fixed "off the shelf" almost.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I notice this was posted in 2017, it is now 2020 and I'm having the same problem and have for years!!!
What's wrong with Optus filters, maybe need to employ some hackers legitimately to fix the problem
0 Kudos