Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ARaptis
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email Client Host Rejected: Access Denied

We have 3 iCloud accounts on our devices.

All of a sudden one of our accounts have begun reporting errors that it Cannot send a message using the iCloud server, whilst the other two remain active and unaffected.

This error only happens on a mail app whenever a device with this certain email address is connected to our Optus broadband service, in both cases via ethernet and wifi.

All of the smtp server details are input correctly. We have done everything from deleting and restoring the troubled account, updating our modem and questioning Optus is there is any block on their end, to no avail.

Can anyone please help me decipher the following message?:

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: <n49-187-189-163.rdl4.qld.optusnet.com.au[49.187.189.163]>: Client host rejected: Access denied

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Serena_YC

Re: Email Client Host Rejected: Access Denied

Hi @ARaptis

Thanks for reaching out to us here. It is indeed strange that you are unable to send out emails from only one of your three iCloud accounts. 

As we are unable to look into account details on this platform, I would suggest for you to get in touch with our Social Media teams by sending a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page

Our teams will then be able to securely confirm your details and take a closer look into this for you. They would also be able to assist in raising a case with our IT teams if need be. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.