Searching...

Elevator stops internet from working (horrible customer service)

skaxis

Moved into an apartment recently and found out that whenever the elevator is being used the internet will stop working (not disconnect or drop out fully). The first time I called, Optus customer service (Daniel) ran alot of tests and then at the end said that the issue was not on Optus' end, and advised me that I should hire a private technician to identify and fix the problem. I did that, and the technician concluded that the issue was on the providers side of the network as stated in the report they had sent me after. 

A few minutes ago I had gotten off the line with 'Dhirendra'. I explained to him at the start that I already had someone run tests from Optus and I also had a report from my private technician that I could send to him which he completely ignored and went on to put me on hold while he 'ran some tests' and then after 10 minutes said the  same thing every single other worker has told me. He then went on and told me ONCE AGAIN that the issue was on my end so that I should hire a private technician which just pissed me off because I made sure to state at the start everything that he needed to know so that I wouldn't have to deal with bullcrap answers everytime and that just proved he wasn't even listening to anything I said. 

What can I do about this situation? 

Can anyone in Optus even be remotely useful to help this problem which isn't even on my end? I can forward the report from the private technician if needed.

Re: Elevator stops internet from working (horrible customer service)

skaxis

I'm also aware that the general customer service worker does not have authorisation to receive or send emails

Re: Elevator stops internet from working (horrible customer service)

Alex_H

Hey there @skaxis - I can honestly say that I've never heard of this occurring with fixed line internet :/ I do apologise for the run around you've had trying to get this resolved. More than happy to take a look if you can send us a PM with your username/account number? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos