cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor jellomanpie
Contributor

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

In have sent the Optus tech support commentary to EA help.........lets see what they come up with. They also have all the trace and ping logs - for good and bad connection.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I hope some of the extra info that we've been able to provide may get the wheels moving for you. I had a look on the forum links another user has sent through an I can understand the frustration. As this lies well outside of our support boundaries at this stage, I'm afraid that we wouldn't have any further info to share on the issue at the current time, but you're definitely welcome to get in touch with our tech team on 13 13 44 if there's a fault with the service that needs to be investigated. 

0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

Ive also pm'ed someone, ea suggested today after a 3hr phone call to ask the isp to issue a new IP address.

So Optus can you please issue me a new ip address?

Moderator Marie

Hey rob777 🙂 

Hmm that's unusual as we have dynamic IP addresses for customers unless they have opted to pay for a static one.

Static IP addresses aren't available on all service types so it would depend on the type of service you have.

A static IP address is $10 a month.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

Well I have no idea what I have or don't have or why. I'm just the middle man here..

Could you waive the fee for me to try? Or are you absolutely certain it won't fix it? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mix11111
Occasional Contributor

So we called this morning to cancel as when we swapped we strenuously enquired numerous times before changing that Optus guarantees us nothing would be different, we could do and access everything at the same speed - better they insisted - as with Telstra. Within a day we realised this was wrong. So we feel as we have been with Optus less than one week, let's just call it a day and part ways. 

Optus said they would look into it for me and call me back within one hour. Dubious I asked for a reference number and asked no less than 3 times whether you were sure I would receive a call and that I wouldn't have to go on hold for 45 mins to start again. Of course not sir - one hour!

Have I received promised call? No prizes for correct answer. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

You're welcome to PM through your details rob777 and we can check out the type of service you have and see what we can do for you.

Yikes! That's really disappointing to hear Mix11111 😞  

To confirm which team did they say would call you back? Feel free to PM through your details and I'll check out your account and chase this up for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Toine888
Occasional Contributor

This is very disappointing. The only reason I switched to Optus was for the Premier League. Had no idea this would mean no fifa17. The only one other interesting thing to note and I would be keen to understand if any of you have this, my Fifa16 game seems to connect to EA servers and I can play FUT etc. Is this the same for anyone else here?

Contributor jellomanpie
Contributor

Hi Toine. Yes, every other game works ok, including earlier FIFA games.......it all appears to have coincided with the Oct patch. It's some sort of handshake hing between ea and Optus. But having sent traces to Optus and ea for both good and bad connections no one seems to have a solution.  We can connect using mobile phones on 4G Optus. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ozy_86
New Contributor

Wow i finally found this thread, i have been facing this issue since i bought fifa 17. I never had issues in fifa 16 but in fifa 17 everytime between 7 - 11 i am booted out n unable to connect. Unfortunately i see no resolution. Has anyone heard bck frm EA?