cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Masa
Occasional Contributor

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

"If it was affecting all players using FIFA we'd definitely looking into this as an Optus related issue"

Are you referring to just Optus customers? If so, how do you know its not impacting all Optus customers? I haven't seen anything posted in this thread from someone saying its all fine with their Optus home connection.

"Can I ask if there's a specific reason why there's hesitation to raise this with the game provider?" 

A cursory google would show that it has been raised with EA wih little resolution/response.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-17-Server-Issues-with-Optus-Australia/td-p/5678875

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/206106/cannot-connect-to-ea-servers-after-a-certain-ti...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Info-help-needed-regarding-server-issue-f-a-o-community-ma...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Definitely not the case that we'd want you to go with another provider rob777 and I don't want it to seem like we don't care, because we've done what we can to look into these results and get some answers for you. The problem as we see it from our end is that when the service isn't connecting to the Game provider's servers, in some cases it's not being released from the Prolexic/Akamai servers to go on to the Game provider's servers. In the case where these are going through to Game provider's servers (reading the info on the EA support pages) it may be the case that the ping is too high to get a stable connection. In each instance, the signal is leaving the Optus network fine, however in some cases, the traceroute never leaves these servers. Can you confirm with Game provider if there's a ping threshold required to connect to their servers? I mean to say, is there a threshold on their end that won't facilitate a connection for you if the ping is over a certain level?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mix11111
Occasional Contributor

Shae - last Friday I was a Telstra cable customer who had NEVER had this issue with Fifa 17. This Friday and from last Saturday I am regrettably an Optus cable customer - who has now had this problem every day since Saturday and all day yesterday. 

Thats got to be clear enough isnt it?

Occasional Contributor Masa
Occasional Contributor

Going by your 'ping threshold theory' can you have your network engineers investigate the timeouts for hops 3-5 and 9-10 on the traceroute? They seem to take around 30 seconds each to progress to the next visible hops (7-8, 11). This could be causing the game to think the connection has been terminated as there is such a delayed repsonse. The last visible IP (198.142.139.132) that it hits before it reaches the TelstraGlobal server (where the traceroute progresses at a normal rate) looks to belong to Optus?

0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

Seriously give up on Optus guys. It's pretty bloody obvious they don't give a crap and were only looking for a reason, any reason to say 'not out fault'.

From here on in I doubt they are even having anyone technical bother to look at this. They say it's not their fault. What more can we do?? I'm out of avenues. I don't know about you guys but I'm at a complete loss now. Optus don't care and don't want to fix.

Would love to be proved wrong. But I'm always right and we are dealing we a multinational telco here. Ball is definitely not in our court on this one. 

Ill be emailing and linking this thread to everyone and anyone that cares however. At least get the message out to as many people as possible Australia wide that they should NOT get Optus if they plan on having a reliable gaming connection.  

Contributor Nbv
Contributor

I think at the end of the day it comes down to this:

1. It untenable for us to remain Optus customers through no fault of our own.  

2. Will Optus agree that we are better off elsewhere? The answer must be a resounding 'yes'. In that case will they waive ALL exit fees associated to contracts?

3. We are obviously the most die hard football fans in Australia. What does Optus recommend us (that are keeping this sport afloat in this country) do in order to watch the premier league once we are forced away from you? Will they still give us access to the premier league as should be deemed fair?

perhaps others have different thoughts but it's as simple as this for me. Look forward to Optus response. 

Contributor rob777
Contributor

^^^ what he said. And a lot more calmly than I. I've just finished a 12hr day. In an almighty awful mood. 

Mrs watching foxtel I'm hotspotting the PlayStation to my phone to relieve stress and play some FIFA. Thank christ for Telstra otherwise I'd probably burn my own house down right now. 

Contributor rob777
Contributor

Even called Akamai in the US just then. I tried to explain the situation. I really had no hope, have sent emails to their support team and pretty sure I got the CEO's email.. I've tried linking him to this thread. 

Hey Optus could you get your engineers to perhaps call Akamai like I did and hopefully their proficiency in the language will get them a lot further than I just did. This would be really helpful if you could do that for us customers. Please?

Occasional Contributor Mix11111
Occasional Contributor

So guys am hot spotting thru Telstra phone. Connection to EA servers fine, trying to play mate online and when we go to connect it says connection lost - every time. 

Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

No idea mate. Works fine for me. Ask Telstra lol

0 Kudos