cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Nbv
Contributor

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

I've got a feeling the current connection issue today is unrelated to the other "7pm" issue. Normally I can use my hotspot to log in, but this time nothing is working. 

Hopefully it fixes before fore it breaks down again at 7!

0 Kudos
Contributor jellomanpie
Contributor

I've managed to connect using iPhone hotspot - on Optus 4G and that's  ok........so it's an Optus wired cable network issue

New Contributor SeanDoh
New Contributor

Hello, i aswell have had this problem sinse day one fifa, i have had all FIFA games on xbox and never had i problem, this happens to me every day and i have become extremely frustrated at times. this is completely unacceptable and something must be done to resolve this issue ASAP.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey kvds, I've just had a chat with our networks team regarding the results you've sent through. The good news is that we can see the issue, however it seems to be the way the provider of the game is routing the traffic. Looking at the IP trace, the traffic is going to non-local servers which is causing issues for you. I can't say this is the case for everyone, however the IP Trace you(and one other user) have sent through indicate that this is the case. I can understand that we probably weren't your first port of call, however looking around online it doesn't seem isolated to FIFA, but there's quite a few mentions regarding these servers for other games as well 😞 The info that I've managed to get from the team is that you're connecting what looks to be Japanese servers. This has to do with how the traffic is routed after it leaves the Optus network. In the case that the provider of the game wants to work with our networks team to investigate how this traffic is routed between their servers and the network, we'd be happy to work with them if they were to get in touch.

This is my understanding based on what I've been told and please keep in mind that I'm not normally this involved with network related issues, however I wanted to make sure that we got some answers from someone who was skilled with this sort of thing. We're still looking at IP trace results on an individual basis at this stage as it's not something we're seeing from all customers. Happy to keep working with you if there's something that can be done on our end. If other users wanted to send us through an IP trace, please send through the following via PM:

- PLEASE SEND VIA PM ONLY - 

Internet username or Account number:

Yes Crowd Username:

IP Trace when able to connect:

IP trace when unable to connect.

We'll use this to keep track of the results and investigate further when they've been received.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Masa
Occasional Contributor

Doesn't really make sense that it would be an issue with the game servers when it connects fine when using my 4G hotspot connection/during non-peak hours.

Given it is Australia Day, can it be considered that the whole day is classified as peak and Optus have applied some re-routing of traffic?

What is the best way to get directly in touch with someone in the networks team?

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Masa, Sorry there's no direct contact available for network engineers. The issue has been raised and is under investigation. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor SeanDoh
New Contributor

How long should i expect to wait, this is ridiculous. i have been waiting 3 months. i have not been able to connect all day long today.

0 Kudos
Contributor jellomanpie
Contributor

Thanks for the update Optus, but it must be something to do with how your network routes traffic from your cables. As I can connect when using 4G and friends on Telstra have no issues. This happens only at what appears to be peak times (evenings) and for some reason ALL DAY today.  It would be great if your networks guys could engage directly to explore........feel free to call and work together on exploring the issue. Shutting off at a specific time every evening is just clearly a deleberate act somewhere - too much of a regular occurrence for loads I'd guess.  A timeline for closure would be good as I will have to look at changing provider which would be a shame as I've been with Optus, loyally, for all mobiles, phone and Internet for 10 years. Such a disappointment for things to be soured like this.  Cheers Mark

0 Kudos
Contributor Nbv
Contributor

Hi all, just my update, I spoke to Optus this evening and we re-ran some of the trace routes. Unfortunately i don't have an example of the traceroutes when it works ok to compare because it hasn't at all today, 

Speaking to the guy who was quite helpful in explaining, seems like it's an issue once it gets outside of optus' realm of current control. Appears that it may be Telstra themselves prioritising certain connections and sending ours out to Japan (similar to what a mod explained in an earlier message). Sorry if none of this makes sense, I hardly understand it myself... 

Next steps, not really sure, will send traceroutes of when I can get it to work, and we'll see what the Optus network team come back with. 

So ironic though- being a football fan in oz and all you want to do is play Fifa and watch premier league... unfortunately looks like you can only do 1 of these regardless of which ISP you go with!! Kinda feel lost in terms of where to from here if Optus dont control the area where it's faulting???!

0 Kudos
Contributor jellomanpie
Contributor

Thanks for posting that NBv. I did already send traces for good and bad connections, so they've got the pair to check. It may well be outside of their network, with someone reroutong the network traffic at peak times. This has to be a planned and deliberate setting.....presumably associated with the Telstra network which Optus lease capacity on.  

Optus, what is the suggested way forwards in this scenario? As I can connect via your 4G your cable and wireless networks must be leasing different lines outside of Australia. Can you consider including data usage for Fifa17 as free on the 4G? As it'll rapidly use my data.  My only alternative is to look at another internet provider otherwise. 

0 Kudos