cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Masa
Occasional Contributor

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

I have exactly the same problem, get disconnected between 6pm to 11pm during the week and then unable to connect. All other games or online services works without a problem.

Works fine when I use the connection from my phone hotspot (also with Optus)

0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

Yes I have. They sent a tech out. Went through everything from the street to the devices. Can't find issues and problems not solved. 

Do you have any other advice on getting this problem sorted?

I noticed there are more people jowning this thread now with the same problems. 

Do you accept this is an actual problem that Optus is causing? Can the problem and this thread be elevated to a senior technical advisor so we get some solid advice on what else we should be doing. 

Having written on the ea forums, speaking with ea contacting Optus do you really think i didn't already think to call. Ffs. 

Thanks for the response. Now can I have someone that can do something rather than give me their daily spiel.

Please Optus, take this seriously. I'm not some kid. I'm a 35yr computer technician. I know what the hell Im doing and Optus is letting me down. 

Contributor Nbv
Contributor

@Marie I undertook the same action as you have recommended to @rob777  last week and all I got was my broadband being knocked out for 2 days. Nothing since from them except for a Facebook messages that haven't assisted. I'm not replying to Facebook PM messages anymore unless there is usable information - i prefer to keep this issue in the public. 

I was hoping that by raising this issue on a public forum it would confirm my suspicion that this is a systemic issue and not specific to a user (suspicion confirmed by the way). Can Optus please please confirm that they are now investigating this issue as a whole??? That is all we ask.  Surely there is enough information provided here?

Moderator Marie

Hey Masa, rob777 & Nbv Smiley Happy 

We've chased up our Case Management team about this so we could get a better understand of what we need to get from you to have this looked at.

They've asked that you run an IP trace route to the Fifa servers with your Optus modem connected.

If you could please PM through this information as well as your Optus account details I'll pass it on and they'll investigate it with our networks team.

They're looking to see where the connection is failing and if it's on Optus' end so we can work to have it resolved.

Many thanks.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor rob777
Contributor

Give me ten mins and I'll pm you the results. Mind you it's before 730pm so not sure you will see anything. Will pm another one during blockage times. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Perfect!

Thanks rob777 Smiley Happy

Really appreciate it.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

There is a FIFA 17 update just got released today. Let's hope this is a timely coincidence. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Fingers crossed!

Let us know if it makes any difference.

0 Kudos
Contributor rob777
Contributor

7:38pm mid game. Kicked off can't reconnect. I'll pm you the test results again shortly. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Yikes! Thanks Smiley Happy I've received your PM - Marie 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors