Searching...

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

caswell183

I'm sick of Optus not sorting this BS out... I have now cancelled my optus subscription and moved to Telstra Internet. I'm happy to pay a little more and get a service that actually works

sistum

I'm going to give it one more week and then I'll be doing the same as caswell183. 

jimbobkimbob

Iv cancelled my psn plus subscription as a result of no FIFA between 6-11pm. I let them know and it's playstations problem as well now. Optus is soooo bad, if it wasn't for the epl there is no way I would be with them. Now I can't play FIFA online before the epl on the weekend, one of my most favourite pastimes. If anyone ever thinks of joining Optus don't. I miss iiNet so much.....boo hoo

Trimmtrabb

I have spent the past four months being disconnected every second game thinking that EA were to blame until I started searching. Bye Optus. I'll be calling tomorrow to cancel and move to someone who can actually provide stable internet. Here is a bit of a tip to not lose anymore customers - maybe fix the issue that wasn't there before the end of last year? You changed something, it can't be a coincidence, kicks in the same time every single night. Buy one of your network engineers an Xbox or ps4 and a copy of FIFA and try connect after work, they'll have the same issue the rest of us are and maybe you won't need people to send in traceroutes to try and work the issue out for them. No other providers are having this issue, 100% Optus problem.

ans-xs

Smiley MadARe you guys going to fix or just ignore the fact that you (optus) cannot provide proper internet when it comes to gaming. whatever i am not going to waste my time talking about optus horrible internet. I am here to ask to crowd about how you are able to play fifa online. Any alternative measure ??. i am thinking about getting a wireless broadband or mobile broadband for couple of months until my contract finish and get rid of optus. I tried connecting usb mobile data via phone i think the ping is very high with mobile data so cannot play properly. Any alternative solutions would be welcome. 

caswell183

Well I was sick of waiting for OPTUS FAIL to fix this problem. I have now successfully changed over to Foxtel Broadband and Foxtel TV. The first night the change took place I tried Fifa out and guess what OPTUS.... it worked this goes to show that your service is faulty. I should be able to apply for a partial refund of fees for you not providing a service without problems.

I would advise all people to change providers.

Husk

I don't know if it's the same problem, but I've also had to end my gaming activities due to a stupid change in routing. Instead of going traffic going directly from Sydney to the USA, it now goes all the way to Europe and then to the USA. It's killed my ping and speeds. I equally can't get any reasonable support on the issue.

Belinda074

I'm still having this same issue..optus blame EA and EA investigated and found several hops where packets are being lost but told me Optus need to fix it. I'm stuck in the middle with no help. 7pm every night boom! Disconnected and can't reconnect until after 10pm. Optus jeep telling me it's aware of congestion and it's supposedly being upgraded...never any time frame of when it will finish. 

Highlighted

Hoolz91

I never thought I'd find this thread on the provider that I JUST SIGNED UP TO FOR 24 MONTHS.

FML!!!!

Optus you're a joke!

I have the EXACT problem and I'm in Sydney.

I would try your support team but they are absolutely SHOCKING considering I enquired about an OPTUS ERROR and the guy couldn't wait to get off the phone with me.

Fix the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoolz91

Oh and just like the OP had done, I just set up my personal hotspot on my mobile and it's working PERFECTLY.

laughable considering the Optus salesperson was trying to bring my mobile contract over from my current provider.

If anyone at Optus wants to fix the problem or update us on the status that would GREAT. Otherwise I'll find a way to cancel my contract

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
84 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos