Searching...
Highlighted

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

rob777

They simply do not care in the slightest 

Shae

Sorry to hear that there's still no solution Nbv, however we've done all the investigating we can on our end and have advised that it has to do with the servers and the routing. We wish that we had the ability to do more, however the activity once the traffic leaves the network isn't something we're able to help out with. I feel that the explanation I've provided earlier (27th Jan) as to what's happening with the traffic points to a specific issue on the server end, and from looking at the links that have been sent to game forum pages, is much longer and more detailed than anything provided from other points of contact publicly. More to this, multiple people have mentioned the issue wasn't happening before a update late last year. If a secondary provider makes a change to their service that causes it to no longer work with your set up, I'd suggest contacting them to resolve the issue that lies within that update and enable you to utilise the product you've purchased from them.

Shae

It's not that we don't care rob777, however it may be something that the game provider would want to investigate in order to enable their customers to utilise their content. As I've mentioned in this post and earlier, we've investigated as much as we can and found the issue to be related to where the traffic is being terminated and not passed through to the game servers. If you're in contact with the game provider via their forums, can I ask if you've been able to clarify what's happening when the traffic terminates on their servers? Can I ask if you've had an explanation from the game provider detailing what they believe is happening to the traffic and why it's not getting through to the game server? 

Masa

Can you answer (or get answers) regarding these Optus specific issues?

Why are there a bunch of timeouts in the traceroute BEFORE it leaves the Optus network?

Why are Optus unable to re-route any traffic intended to the FIFA servers to a different exit node within the Optus network?

Nbv

Wow. Optus.  Good work avoiding answering my question. 

Ill try again. Optus is the only network where this issue occurs. Regardless of why. For me now both via broadband and mobile hotspot. The question, again is,  should I stay with you or should I go elsewhere? If the answer is stay, my follow up question: why?

Im beyond your excuses as to why it's not your fault. That is beside the point now. Funny  how there's no explanation as to why it's only Optus customers that get put through that dodgy route, but that's not the question I'm asking. It's fine we get it, you've absolved yourself from all fault. Cool.

Hollie

Hey Guys - definitely not ignoring your questions, I have just been chatting to my Networks team and a couple of mates of mine who play FIFA online too, looking at the trace routes we have received from you, it does look like the trace route fails outside of the Optus Network which makes it a bit harder for us to troubleshoot or change. 

@Nbv - I can see that our case management team have asked you to send through a trace route when the server is working so that we can see any differences in the route it takes when it's working vs when it's not. 

We will then send this through to our Network management team and they can have a look into this in more detail.

From what I have read on other forums and through chatting with mates who also play FIFA, I don't think this is only affecting Optus customers. Please let me know once you have sent through the requested trace routes (if you have already, I apologise, I just don't have access to that inbox here)

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

rob777

I sent through traces when working and not working.. Can someone look at mine in more detail then?

Maybe something was missed for me the first time around?

What other forums have you read where people have the same problems not on Optus, I'd be really intrigued to read these posts. Would you mind sharing the information please that made you come to the conclusion it is not Optus. I'm intrigued it was a forum that you came to this conclusion with and not from your own technical team.

Nbv

@Hollie Yes they did, and I will... when it decides to work!!! Why do you think I care about this issue this much??? My only chance to play is after work before bed... 8ish till 10ish. How am i supposed to send trace routes of 'when it works'???? It never does!!! Or should i  take a day off work and get those trace routes to you??

jellomanpie

I did send trace routes for both situations (working and not). EA have not got an answer yet........I am still following up that end

kvds

Hey All,

I've sent a few messages through tk EA too. They are checking my traceroutes as I. Seem to be getting 100% dropped packets when it gets to the last ea server. 

Going to send them through a good traceroute when the connection does work. I've found that early afternoon on weekends are usually fine. 

Will report back if anything comes of it. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos