Searching...

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

[ Edited ]
Toine888

Now I know why you guys are hotspotting to Telstra mobiles. Just did a Speedtest comparison. Bottom one is Optus FailDSL top one is Telstra 4G.... never seen such high upload and download speeds before... maybe I'll can Optus and just increase mobile limit....

rob777

It's pointless.. OptusFAIL says not their problem

Ea says isp problem 

Sony says isp or ea problem..

I even called and spoke with Akami who owns the Prolexic DDoS protection for EA/Sony.

Every other isp works lol including Optus mobile

Does logic not exist these days?

Anyway I cant find any other solutions for watching epl so big Optus wins again. 

For those with Telstra mobile they just gave me 3GB more on my plan just for asking, I recommend the same.

Serena

Hi @Toine888, the speed tests posted are comparing two different types of technology. ADSL (copper) is very old technology where as the mobile network such as 4G has the latest and greatest technology. If you ran the speed test on the Optus 4G network, it will be much different to ADSL. 

Running a speed test on wifi also isn't very accurate, as there can be many factors that can affect the result given. If you can run this speed test with only one computer connected via ethernet and making sure there's no programs running in the background, that would be great. 

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Toine888

Hi @Serena

i understand it's two different technologies I just find it funny that my home internet which should be my primary internet source while at home is so slow compared to my mobile phone and simple streaming of videos on Facebook is too challenging for this "old" technology. The problem is I have never had these issues at previous ISPs such as TPG, Telstra, Swiftel etc hence while I'll be asking Optus to put me on NBN or I'll move back to Telsta or TPG. Be nice to be able to play FIFA again too!

Steph_C

Completely get how frustrating this would be - have you raised these issues with our tech support guys on 131344 to further investigate? Steph

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

rob777

Hi Steph, thanks for the patronising reply, would these tech support guys your are referring to be any different from the network engineers that the other two moderators have already asked?

You actually don't get how frustrating it is. 

Ozy_86

Still no resolution! It sucks when you cant play fifa after hard days work. Its such a pain tht it doesnt work frm 7 to 11 frustrated

rob777

Even via pm OptusFail is just a joke. They actually don't want to help. They are like Donald Trump building walls for no bloody reason.

I'm throwing in the towel, had enough. Telstra mobile works. 

As an incentive for others to follow the path and try and get somehwere with OptusFail, I will pay them $50 if they can get OptusFail to work with Fifa 17.

Highlighted

Batshoey

Optus and EA are pointing fingers at each other on this issue.  Just think about us players (especially weekend league players) because over the stretch of weekend league we have fit all 25 of our games DURING THE DAY because we aren't able to get on the servers of an evening.  Literally destroying my weekends atm...

Nbv

Ok so now even my Optus mobile hotspot is hardly working for this now. Optus, seriously, tell me, what would you do?? Can you answer this very easy question: should I stay with Optus for any of my services or should I pack up and go? everything you guys know about this issue, it is clearly an OPTUS only issue. Answer me honestly, should I just leave Optus? I want the answer to this question written here in public. What is your official response?? Am I better off elsewhere or should I stay??? 

Whatever your reponse is, I will be sharing with the wider Fifa community. I look forward to the response. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos