Searching...

Ea servers (Fifa 17)

Nbv

I have an issue where I am consistently booted off the EA servers playing Fifa 17 on my PS4 at around 7pm every evening (Melbourne time). I cannot reconnect at all until around 11:30pm the same night. This has been a constant issue where this has happened ever since I got the game in November. I get disconnected from the EA servers however remain connectected to the PlayStation network. 

I am relatively sure this is an issue with my naked adsl connection and not the server or my EA account, reason being, i tried using the Internet from my iPhone mobile hotspot on my phone to connect to the EA servers, and this connected and  had no issue at all. 

Please help! The best Optus could do for me was remotely accidentally factory reset my router which put me offline for 2 days so I'd rather not ask them for further help!!

Re: Ea servers (Fifa 17)

Sam_D

Hey @Nbv - I've replied to your PM on Facebook. 

Highlighted

kvds

Hey @Sam_D, Do you mind sharing the solution here /  sending me a PM as I have been having the exact same problem for a couple of months now. 

Thanks.  

Nbv

@kvds  - The PM I recieved  from Optus had no solution or insight attached, except for advice to run some speed tests. Connection Speed is not the issue, this appears to be an issue where Optus specifically and the EA servers dont speak to each other during times of the day. 

As mentioned, I tried using my 4G mobile hotspot to connect and funnily enough, no connection issues, which makes me strongly think it is an Optus Broadband issue, not EA. There are dicussion forums on the EA Support site with the exact same issue with Optus.

kvds

Thanks for your reply @Nbv

Just posting my info here just in case anyone has the same problem, then I might try asking again on Facebook.  I am having pretty much the exact same problem as you and I have seen similar reports on ea forums mostly from optus internet customers.  

I am running FIFA 17 on my PS4. Connected through a lan cable direct to my modem. No powerline adapter.  When testing, I don't have any other devices accessing the internet.  

I can connect to the PSN network without any problems and the connection test shows decent download and upload speed for Adsl2. 

To play fifa online,  the game also has to connect to the ea servers.  If I try early afternoon on the weekend or around midnight there is no problem,  however trying to connect on a weekday between 8pm and 11.30pm the ea server doesnt connect and comes up with a connection error message after about 30secs. If I connect my ps4 to my mobile (also through optus)  via a mobile hotspot,  there is no problems connecting to the ea servers. 

I also have a friend in the same area as me on different isp (TPG) who has no problems connecing to the ea servers at these times. 

This isnt an intermittent problem. It happens every weekday during these times without fail. Ea support told me to do a tracert to their servers (easo.ea.com) on my PC. The result is a timeout (too many hops) or slow ping times (>350ms)

This problem only started around Nov 2016. Before that,  I had no problems connecting to EA through optus adsl. 

Seeing 8pm - midnight are probably netflix peak times,  I wonder if optus are changing overseas routing during these times. 

Shauna

@kvds Thanks for getting in touch with us & sending all of that information through. Would you be able to private message us with your account details, full name and DOB? We can run through some tests. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Nbv

@Shauna - Can you please also run through the same tests for me? You already have my details and surely multiple notes of all my interactions in your CRM.

thanks

Scott_M

@Nbv, I'll reply to your facebook post- 

rob777

EXACTLY THE SAME THING HERE!!!!

I can't believe I finally found people experiencing the same problem's as I. This is ridiculous now, from 7:30pm I cant connect. 11:30pm I can. Today for example, got home at 6pm played an hour before being kicked and now cannot log in. I am in Sydney.

Have spent $300+ changing router/modems. PS4 in full DMZ.. Tried every combination of router settings known to man. Will not connect between these hours. Now if I hotspot to my phone (Telstra) low and behold it connects and I can play normally.

Again in my instance the PS4 is still online, Uncharterd and GTA both still let me play online, can download games and stream foxtel perfectly.

Speaking with EA I also have timeouts and high ping times. 

This is 120% a Optus problem. It is driving me crazy that I cannot enjoy the games I buy.

Please, please if anyone else gets this fixed please update the thread. I will pay money to fix this problem even though I shouldn't have to so please Optus help!!

Thanks

Marie

That's really disappointing to hear rob777 Smiley Sad

I can absolutely understand that this would be really frustrating.

Have you reported this to our 24/7 Tech team on 131344 to investigate?

I'd recommend speaking with them and having them raise a Problem Report. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos