Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

EPL cutting out

No problems last season but real issues this season.

When watching 'on demand' matches the screen suddenly goes blank every 20 minutes or so. I then have to re-click on the Optus icon, find the match and fast forward to the point I was previously up to.

i have no dropping/cutting out issues with Netflix or any other medium.

Optus say they can see the drop outs and can pin point the times of same. They say I should approach my ISP which I've done. There seem to be no issues with speed etc.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: EPL cutting out

Hi

I think it may well be because you are a Burnley fan, no problems watching Liverpool play.

Are you watching this on a device connected to your home broadband and not a Fetch TV?   I assume this because Optus have said to approach your ISP.   If you are try connecting to a friends broadband and see if you have the same issue.   Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Optus Sports app?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thx Dave. It happens even more during the Liverpool games. Almost as if the cameras can't bear to watch...lol.

Thanks for your advice. I'll try deleting and re-installing the Optus app. Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out, @Burnleyfan. If you're still facing issues with Optus Sport, please take a minute to fill-out a fault report here. If you submit this form during a live game, you'll be contacted by a member of our TV & Content team within an hour to troubleshoot any issues you're facing.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The issue was with the Optus app.

As Dave suggested, I deleted it and re-installed.

Now its perfect.

Wish Optus support had suggested this course of action when I called!

0 Kudos