Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ShadePhoenix
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dynamic DNS services

Wondering if optus could update the firmware for the modems to included more DDNS services to connect to, mine currently only have Dyndns.org and TZO, one of which doesn't exist anymore.

If anyone has any work arounds for the mean time that would be appreciated too.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Casey_YC

Re: Dynamic DNS services

Hi there, @ShadePhoenix.

Thanks for raising this here. 

At this stage, we haven't had updates on the Dynamic DNS settings being updated. Should that change, a firmware update would be rolled out to apply. 

You may wish to chat further on this with our Technical Team by messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

I have also flagged this as feedback for the teams going forward. 

Should it interest you, we have the option of a Static IP address for some products. See our "How to activate a Static IP address" article. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.