Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Drop outs and no internet when turning device on/waking

Hi

We've had non stop issues since installing new Optus Netgear modem and saemcom device 3 weeks ago, having to restart or reset the modems many times a day when we never had to do so on the old single modem.

We receive 'incorrect password' messages when trying to use wifi on phone or ipads, when of course the password hasnt changed and we can log in ok after restarting the modem.

The other thing that happens is that devices when turned on or woken from sleep (ie. AppleTV, Foxtel On Demand),  they have no internet connection (and yet these two devices are using ethernet cable). This also happens first thing in the day when we start using devices - iphone, ipads or Apple TV. This morning it's On Demand that I noticed first has no connection.

Supprt tell us the same thing each time - turn modem off/on, reset modem, change wifi channel. Always the same and still were hvaing drop outs constantly. Technitians have visited and said the modem has no issues and all cable lights are connected and working.

The number of devices in the household is still the same, nothing has changed in that respect. We use all Apple devices, bar one and all are up to date. Whenever  our phones have no wifi they switch to mobile data, which is being used up and will be billed for extra data soon. We both work from home currently and it's driving us nuts! Any help greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Drop outs and no internet when turning device on/waking

This sounds like the Sagem is faulty, get Optus to replace this device. You can use your own if you prefer but Optus won’t provide any support if it stops working. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Drop outs and no internet when turning device on/waking

Thanks for the response. 

This is the first time we’ve had a sagemcom device. What does it do? Will help when I try to find a new one. 

Thanks

0 Kudos