cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Downstream (orange) and Upstream (green) flashing

I don’t have internet since last night around 10pm and it’s 2pm the next day. 

We’re using cable. 

Both Downstream (orange) and upstream (green) lights are flashing on Netgear modem. 

This is Day 3 having the same problem on and off but I never last this long. It happened couple weeks ago and a month before that. 

Things I’ve tried:

-Troublwshoot with reault The DNS server isn’t responding.

- Made sure that Internet Protocol obtains both IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically. 

- CMD admin, Flush, Register, Release and Renew DNS. 

- Restart the modem many time with many minutes waiting. 

- Unplugged every wire from the modem, laptop and Fetch TV and waited for an hour. 

- Reset the modem. 

I ran out of ideas. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Downstream (orange) and Upstream (green) flashing

Which area do you live. I'm in BNE been down since 6am, they said it's a network outage ref 1858333

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hurlstone Park. 

You’d think they notify their customers of the outage before hand but no. 

Also,17 hours outage is questionable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

From what I can ascertain it's Brisbane Sydney & parts of VIC.  Was given Ref 18578333. Just got an update text that says nothing, only it will be fixed asap.  Let's hope it's before we die of old age, I'm too old for this shite anyhow.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Optus replied to my FB query, apparently it's a power issue as they engaged with a power company.  If it's the power grid not sure why parts of Brisbane Sydney Vic is affected?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, 18578333 is attached to Major fault ticket - 18578092.

We did receive a notification at 1:30PM stating that the outage has now been resolved.

Are you back up and running @Gennagc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

My Cable Internet is back online thanks!  Anyone rlse still down ensure lodge a complaint get a ticket no.  This was a strange outage, sporadically affected users interstate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, what you were advised regarding the power outage is correct. I can't see any individual tickets other than those that were raised in QLD. I'm not sure how a localised power outage could impact services within another state :S

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos