Searching...

Downstream low

ronothan

Is it just me, or does the Optus support chat hardly ever work? Very annoying.

I have ADSL2+, normally my router reports downstream of around 13,000 kbps. After noticing it being extremely slow, I logged in, and now it's only reporting it at 3000kpbs. I'm directly connected to the router, have latest firmare, and have rebooted it. 

Not quite sure what to do. I want to speak to Optus support, but trying to start a chat on this website is intermittent.

Highlighted

Re: Downstream low

AlexRH

Oh yikes Smiley Sad Not good to hear that you've been unable to get this resolved previously.

DSL speeds can be impacted by a number of factors like line quality and network traffic, more info on this here.

If you'd like us a take a look at what's going on with your service, would recommend chatting with our Faults team on 13 13 44.

You can also check out our troubleshooting guides here to rule out any basic contributing factors. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
44 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos